• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was M1 (Math P/42)? (No discussion)

Reaction score
It was easy. I don't see the fuss about Q7, it was very standard and easy. Q6 was harder and probably the only tough one in the paper. I'll be surprised if the GT is any less than 40. Knowing me, I probably left a question or something supremely stupid to lose my standard quota of marks.

Reaction score
What about the mass in qs 6? I was getting it in negative which is not possible..

Reaction score
Mass in q6 should be 0.3kg.
Mass in q7 last question was 0.134kg Or 0.138kg I forgot....

Reaction score
i am just confused why is the answer of Q7 last part is smaller than the mass 0.2kg
ring is about to go down so mass should b greater than 0.2kg ???

Reaction score
to friends here,
does cie give marks if method is right but values used, of answer to previous question is wrong???
i made a blunder !wrote tension in RJ as tension in AJ and vice versa, will they deduct marks?if yes then how many ?

Reaction score
to friends here,
does cie give marks if method is right but values used, of answer to previous question is wrong???
i made a blunder !wrote tension in RJ as tension in AJ and vice versa, will they deduct marks?if yes then how many ?
Provided that you got those values correct (3.36 & 4.48), that mistake will cost you only 1 mark. Chill :D

Reaction score
Provided that you got those values correct (3.36 & 4.48), that mistake will cost you only 1 mark. Chill :D
well thanks, but are u sure about it becoz yes i m really stressed !mistake is very silly and might cost alot!

Reaction score
yes...but then using the value of RJ as 4.48 i proceeded with next 2 parts....
Ohh i see. I was talking about the first part. You will lose only 1 mark out of 5 for this mistake. But then how were you able to prove the coefficient in the next part using this value?

Reaction score
Ohh i see. I was talking about the first part. You will lose only 1 mark out of 5 for this mistake. But then how were you able to prove the coefficient in the next part using this value?[
thats what!i couldnt prove meu also