• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was May/June 2017 Biology P52?

Reaction score
For paper 52- What did everybody write for question 2, the one on the plants?

There was stating the null hypothesis for the Spearmans rank
Working out the Spearmans rank

Which critical value did you guys use?
And what was your explanation for why there was more in higher mean January temperature?
Critical value i think number 9.
our value was higher so relationship was not proven.
more "plant" in higher mean january temperature as the plant is better adapted to that temperature and the temperature is closer to the optimum temperature for the enzymes in the plant so the plant survives better in higher mean january temp. i wrote something like that.

Reaction score
For paper 52- What did everybody write for question 2, the one on the plants?

There was stating the null hypothesis for the Spearmans rank
Working out the Spearmans rank

Which critical value did you guys use?
And what was your explanation for why there was more in higher mean January temperature?

The same number as the locations.

Reaction score
another thing, i wrote is that leave the daphnia in the caffeine solution for 10 minutes, before observing under microscope. The reason for that which of course i didn't write was that caffeine takes time to affect our system. For e.g in humans it takes like 30 minutes to properly come in effect and increase our heart rate.
so if you immediately observe it under microscope the heart rate change would be near to none. The thing that the student immediately do in the experiment was that he added the caffeine sol. immediately after adding the daphnia. There was no mention of time of when do we observe it under the microscope.

Reaction score
another thing, i wrote is that leave the daphnia in the caffeine solution for 10 minutes, before observing under microscope. The reason for that which of course i didn't write was that caffeine takes time to affect our system. For e.g in humans it takes like 30 minutes to properly come in effect and increase our heart rate.
so if you immediately observe it under microscope the heart rate change would be near to none. The thing that the student immediately do in the experiment was that he added the caffeine sol. immediately after adding the daphnia. There was no mention of time of when do we observe it under the microscope.
That's a great point, actually.