• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was paper went of BIOLOGY 5090/22

Reaction score
B and wat was that soil question answer in which it was asked in which soil would be instable i guess
i did deforestation only not insecticide

Reaction score
I did the heat from sun too...it was B i think
how can heat from sun be a main energy source..... i mean that main energy source is light from which every thing begins......
heat is only lost and is waste energy.
the option was C.....:pwhich was:light from sun

Last edited:
Reaction score
Don't worry be happy :) GOD is great :) We all did bad paper :cry: but don't discuss the paper :)
We all score A*s (Ameen) :)

Reaction score
how can heat from sun be a main energy source..... i mean that main energy source is light from which every thing begins......
heat is only lost and is waste energy.
the option was C.....:pwhich was:light from sun

The main thing that moves water up a stem is a transpirational pull. Transpiration pull is produced when the sun evaporates the water from mesophyll, causing a water to move from xylem into other mesophyll cells. This creates a suction force which pulls water up the plant.

Reaction score
The main thing that moves water up a stem is a transpirational pull. Transpiration pull is produced when the sun evaporates the water from mesophyll, causing a water to move from xylem into other mesophyll cells. This creates a suction force which pulls water up the plant.
So what becomes the "main" energy source......?
without sunlight there will be no transpiration no plants no nothing....
which option did you choose?

Reaction score
Easy as pie. Though the paper 2 was slightly different than my expectations, it proved to follow the same pattern from previous years.

Reaction score
Actually transpiration doesn't require any energy from the plant cause its basically just capillary action
Heat from Sun.
okay... read the federal book's "transpiration pull" section.
water is absorbed in mesophyll cells for photosynthesis (which requires light).
this causes the the water being used up....
the water from respiration etc (which also depend on food from photosynthesis) is evaporated from leaf... causing a suction force...
although it depends on heat as well (the evaporation) but the light from sun is the main starter for this process.....

Reaction score
Can someone help me?
Which drink was the correct answer? A or C?
And in paper 1 there was one question about the organism causing malaria?Whats the answer?Mosquito,pathogen,vector?

Reaction score
Can someone help me?
Which drink was the correct answer? A or C?
And in paper 1 there was one question about the organism causing malaria?Whats the answer?Mosquito,pathogen,vector?
I chose drink A the reason being that it caused the greatest amount of water to be released from the body thus resulting in dehydration.
In the mosquito one I chose the one that said microscopic parasite pathogen