• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was paper went of CHEMISTRY 5070/22

Reaction score
Alcohol hi tha!
No,hydrolysis splits the condensation polymers into their respective monomers,i.e Proteins give Amino acids,fats give fatty acids and glycerol.Likewise Carbohydrates give simple sugars or more precisely di or mono saccharides.You are confusing it with fermentation of carbohydrate which would give Alcohol
what was the answer to the question
which of the following doesn't produce carbon on combustion ?
CO

Reaction score
moreover there was a mcq in which we had to tell that which factor will affect the rate and equilibirium in haber process of ammonia. i wrote C that adding catalyst and increasing pressure. is it right ?

Reaction score
No, it was the REACTION between calcium hydroxide and acid in the soil. You could have taken any acid into consideration for the reaction to give the ionic equation!
Wht was the question exactly?..was it ionic equation for the reaction(CaOH2 +ammonium phosphate) or neutralization reaction

Reaction score
Well that makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE AT ALL.Francium is below caesium in any case.
We had to divide 400 by 24000 to obtain moles.Then multiply them by 2 to obtain moles of the metal.Then divide mass(0.233) with moles 0.333 which gave us the answer 6.99 which can be rounded off to 7.

7 is the Ar of Lithium so that was the answer.
Okay, now you may kill me. please.

Reaction score
It asked which of them wud react to NOT produce carbon if m not wrong. So I chose the alcohol as it reacts with oxygen to produce carboxylic acid which isnt carbon :D but then again it said 'combustion' so m not really sure... What did you write Proud otaku ?
Really it does always happens to me. TT^TT
Oh and I wrote CO cos I read in the book that alcohol also have combustion so the only option left was CO xD