• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was physics 12?

How was the paper?

• Easy peasy lemon squeezy

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Moderate... a little tough but it was standardize questions

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • Tough as hell

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
Reaction score
It has been said that, the mechanics part of this year was one of the hardest of all time? but for myself, I have found the later part more harder.... How was it for the rest of u? which part was the most troublesome?

Reaction score
i Felt that that this was relatively an easy physics paper 1..unlike may/june which was extremely though. I felt that
this time we had fewer numericals and alot of theory based questions.. And most questions required less thinking..
But it is an MCQ paper so its impossible to say if what i ticked is right or wrong.
But i did my paper 22 terribly so the mcq was just to recover my grades..to 73%-80%.
I hope all of you felt the same way and get good grades. Goood luck to all.

my doubts:
1. what is the answer for the wave question where a picture of a standing wave was given and we deciede if it is a longitudinal or transverse. ( i think i got it wrong. )
2.and alpha particles colling at a rate of "something" and what is the work done.... dont remmber exactly....

Reaction score
i Felt that that this was relatively an easy physics paper 1..unlike may/june which was extremely though. I felt that
this time we had fewer numericals and alot of theory based questions.. And most questions required less thinking..
But it is an MCQ paper so its impossible to say if what i ticked is right or wrong.
But i did my paper 22 terribly so the mcq was just to recover my grades..to 73%-80%.

my doubts:
1. what is the answer for the wave question where a picture of a standing wave was given and we deciede if it is a longitudinal or transverse. ( i think i got it wrong. )
2.and alpha particles colling at a rate of "something" and what is the work done.... dont remmber exactly....

i dnt remember the wave question...but i guess, we had to use the electron volt equation for the alpha question...
For me...it was overall average paper

Reaction score
i dnt remember the wave question...but i guess, we had to use the electron volt equation for the alpha question...
For me...it was overall average paper

oh ok ..thnx for the reply.. Do u mind if we can discuss more questions just to make sure....Did you get 6V for finding the EMF..?

Moi

Reaction score

my doubts:

I believe it was standing and transverse

Reaction score
I ticked longitudinal for some reason.. there were some lines between the waves so i thought it was longitudinal.
But i guess the answer must be transverse or else i dont know..........what do you guys think about it?

other parts of electricity were fine i guess..did all get average velocity as 480km/h ?( but im sure 500 is definetly
not the answer.)

Reaction score
I ticked longitudinal for some reason.. there were some lines between the waves so i thought it was longitudinal.
But i guess the answer must be transverse or else i dont know..........what do you guys think about it?

other parts of electricity were fine i guess..did all get average velocity as 480km/h ?( but im sure 500 is definetly
not the answer.)

why 500 is not the answer, u add the 2 speeds and divide by two, thats how u find average speed and majority of students did that only

Reaction score
average speed=total distance travelled/time taken... adding and dividing by two just gives you the average of those 2 values which is incorrect....."But if i am wrong i am extremely sorry".

Reaction score
t
average speed=total distance travelled/time taken... adding and dividing by two just gives you the average of those 2 values which is incorrect....."But if i am wrong i am extremely sorry".[/quot

total distance is 2d
and they dint mention time

so how can u get 480

Reaction score
so did every one pick transverse wave?...i picked longitudinal...i think i made a mistake..
so what is the correct answer and why? pls reply

Reaction score
so did every one pick transverse wave?...i picked longitudinal...i think i made a mistake..
so what is the correct answer and why? pls reply

well the wavelength was 40cm , right?
only one of the four options stated that the wavelength was 40cm , the others gave the wavelength as 20cm.

Reaction score
w
well the wavelength was 40cm , right?
only one of the four options stated that the wavelength was 40cm , the others gave the wavelength as 20cm.
at i misunderstood was that for a standing "longitudinal waves" the wave length is between two nodes ...(but for transverese it is wavelength/2.) so i thought i have to be 1/5=0.2 m (20 cm) so i picked it...but im sure you are correct..