• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was Physics P34?

Reaction score
can u plz tell me what could be the grade boundary for an A in this paper? i made a few(or a bit more) silly mistakes. my thickness was wrong which made my other answers related to it wrong(5 marks). also my gradient calculation was wrong which made my y-intercept and the values of A and B wrong( 4 marks). and ofcourse I'll lose marks for the limitations part.
thank you

Reaction score
i took the wrong reading for the thickness. how many points maximum will i lose? and was the relationship valid or not?

Reaction score
va;id or not you will get your marks cambridge only checks if you know how to calculate it! does anyone have the answers?? pm me guys! :D

Reaction score
OKAY GUYS FOR MY thickness 't' i got 0.365mm.... is that alright?.....also my gradient was positive and the y-intercept was negative... and can anyone pleas tell me what limitations and improvements are correct?

Reaction score
Guys.. for the thickness, it said that it should be next to the hole... therefor, the reading should has been taken in the white region not on the transparent side.... can any one confrm that for me please?????

Reaction score
I dont think so, coz we needed to find A(area) of the shaded region which was on the polythene part (as far as i remember in the diagram it was shown between the slots) so its not logical to take thickness from the tapped part (white part) of the strip! So we should have taken thickness of the transparent polythene side, not the white part of the strip! i hope so um not wrong!

Reaction score
In the case its wrong, i will lost some 5 points, in this question, i can get some 14 out of 20, i guess... I hope so

Reaction score
hey guys if i calculated my thickness t wrong how much marks will get deducted from the whole question cause everything else was correct for sure

Reaction score
i got my gradient 3.0 and y intercept -1.5.... what SI units did u give for 'a' and 'b' ?