• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was physics p52

how did you guys find the paper??

• Total voters
Reaction score
to vary frequency as frequency was independant..... don know i made it or not..... but thought abut it in the exam :p

No, signal generator is not necessary. The experiment was based on electricity so signal generator can't be the part of the circuit in this case.

Reaction score
You said you considered the current as dependent which means "measure" with varying freq.
You can't keep it constant then !

peak alternating current was to b measured from cro,,,it will obviously vary with varying frequecy

Reaction score
You said you considered the current as dependent which means "measure" with varying freq.
You can't keep it constant then !

I used the rheostat to alter the resistance of the circuit and ammeter to ensure that the input current is constant throughout the experiment. I guess it clears you now.

Reaction score
Hey guys I did a mistake of not including 10^-4 in gradient but included it in next part, how many marks will i lose

Reaction score
the value of E was 35.2 kVm-1, % uncertainty was 8.2%, value of V was 552V and its absolute uncertainty was 81V. These were my calculations. I don't remember the value of gradient, but it had 10^-6.

i got 9.smthng percent uncertainty .... V around same as urs ..... error was +- 90v ... gradient error was 10^-7 and grad was 10^-6 i guess..... maybe am wrong... it was 4.48 smthgn i think (the grad.)

Reaction score
i got 9.smthng percent uncertainty .... V around same as urs ..... error was +- 90v ... gradient error was 10^-7 and grad was 10^-6 i guess..... maybe am wrong... it was 4.48 smthgn i think (the grad.)
I got almost similar values. Gradient: 4.53x10^-6 and error 3x10-7. E=35000 something and percentage uncertainty 9.12. V=553 with error 86

Reaction score
for additional details i wrote
calculate the value of constant L using the given equation.
Use more number of turns of wire in the experiment.
Record the value of current and Voltage for 3 times and take the average reading.
Calculate the gradient and Y-intercept from the graph.
What else did you wrote guys?

Reaction score
for additional details i wrote
calculate the value of constant L using the given equation.
Use more number of turns of wire in the experiment.
Record the value of current and Voltage for 3 times and take the average reading.
Calculate the gradient and Y-intercept from the graph.
What else did you wrote guys?

Switch off the power supply when not in sue so as to minimise heating effect ! 2. Perform experiment away from other magnetic fields.
and same as you :D

Reaction score
Hi I wanna ask how many marks will I lose if I messed up points on how to vary the independent variable and how to get the readings for independent/dependent variables? Assuming that I got other parts correct for question 1. Btw, I wrote "diameter of the wire of the metal coil" for the controlled variable, is it acceptable? o_O Thanks in advance.