• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HOW WAS PHYSICS PAPER 5 PPL ? HOW WAS YOUR EXAM ?

Reaction score
gradient was 144+/-4 wasn't it?
And one of my % uncertainty came like 17.5% nd i wrote 18%, it it correct?
anyone plz write the answers of the second question

Reaction score
gradient was 144+/-4 wasn't it?
And one of my % uncertainty came like 17.5% nd i wrote 18%, it it correct?
anyone plz write the answers of the second question
my gradient was 145.3 and uncertainty 6.6.......am I gone???

Reaction score
Used the following method to approximate the speed of the wind. Thoughts?

Position the fan behind a smooth stainless steel surface and place a light object on the surface at a starting position. Use a stopwatch to measure the time taken for it to travel a fixed distance from the starting position. Use v=d/t to estimate speed.

Since all we were doing was proving that k is constant for different values of v^2 and tan(Q), i think an approximate should do..
But as i was typing this post, i just realized a light object can fly away >:p

A friend used a CRO. Hows that?

Reaction score
Lol guys u didnt had to think so much on how to measure wind speed.. i just wrote that we'll use an electronic fan (just like the electronic balance) that has a digital reading showing u the fan speed!

Reaction score
i drew a table fan...connected to a signal generator and a variable resistor.....
in additional detail s i wrote to find diameter with help of meter rule>3 different place and find average and find the radius then use the formula w=2(pi)f and rw to find the speed of the fan.....do it in non windy environment so the speed of the fan will be the speed of the wind......is this rite way???......i tink i m screwed

Reaction score
ok ppl i did a big mistake of error bars...
i plotted it on the y-axis which was for 'f' instead of ploting it on the x-axis which was was for 1/L....so my whole answers will be wrong related to errors...will they give me marks for error carried forword?????