• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

how was physics unit 5

Reaction score
i wonder why no thread is made yet for this....
so how was it???
i feel it was easy but i made blunders. i think the grade boundary is gonna be very high for this.

Reaction score
good paper, not the easiest though. But the questions which was the circle and you had to draw the gravitational field around it was it 2 or three marks :(, i zoned out and didn't realize all i had to do was the 4+ equidistant lines... that was like the easiest questions as well -.-

Reaction score
good paper, not the easiest though. But the questions which was the circle and you had to draw the gravitational field around it was it 2 or three marks :(, i zoned out and didn't realize all i had to do was the 4+ equidistant lines... that was like the easiest questions as well -.-
2 mrks i guess..
dont worry hear about my blunder""""i used the mass of polonium instead of lead to find the velocity of lead n this also affected my subsequent answers:cry:
by the way what was ur ans to the shm mcq???

Reaction score
The calculations were like freshly made cheesecake. The theory questions is where I guess people will lose marks.

Reaction score
2 mrks i guess..
dont worry hear about my blunder""""i used the mass of polonium instead of lead to find the velocity of lead n this also affected my subsequent answers:cry:
by the way what was ur ans to the shm mcq???
All energies, A. Guessed it tho, because i know total energy is conserved in shm, so i'm not really sure tbh just hope i get a high A to even out my unit 4 and 6 and hopefully unit 1 resit i go up as well just want a B overall since an A is nearly impossible since i was barely over an B in as

Reaction score
All energies, A. Guessed it tho, because i know total energy is conserved in shm, so i'm not really sure tbh just hope i get a high A to even out my unit 4 and 6 and hopefully unit 1 resit i go up as well just want a B overall since an A is nearly impossible since i was barely over an B in as
it's D, none of above. potential energy and kinetic energy never remain constant!as P.E increases K.E. decreases and vice versa..

Reaction score
dude there was no option only for total energy, so it should be D!

I know that but why is it D?
You had 1- total energy 2- K.E and 3- P.E . Why pick none? When you know that in SHM. Total energy is conserved (remain constant), although P.E and K.E is changing.(change in K.e = change in P.e)

The only valid answer was all energy.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I know that but why is it D?
You had 1- total energy 2- K.E and 3- P.E . Why pick none? When you know that in SHM. Total energy is conserved (remain constant), although P.E and K.E is changing.(change in K.e = change in P.e)

The only valid answer was all energy.
its not because there is was total energy too...so i think its A

Reaction score
The correct answer was D. Total energy is only conserved in free oscillations. In forced systems, the dampers dissipate energy which means the system is losing energy. When the system is driven at its natural frequency, resonance occurs so the system gains energy. Total energy being conserved is not a requirement for SHM, SHM can occur without the total energy being conserved.

Reaction score
The correct answer was D. Total energy is only conserved in free oscillations. In forced systems, the dampers dissipate energy which means the system is losing energy. When the system is driven at its natural frequency, resonance occurs so the system gains energy. Total energy being conserved is not a requirement for SHM, SHM can occur without the total energy being conserved.
Brilliant! That's what i thought of exactly. I think the correct answer is D and that's what i selected.