• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

how was the chemistry unit 2 paper?

Reaction score
For the ammonia question, I wrote that since it's pungent it would repel animals and unwanted people from the car. for the reason why ozone is better than chlorine I wrote that Ozone can be freely found in the atmosphere, while chlorine has to be synthised, and for the reason why they used ammonia and fuel, I wrote that the fuel is used to burn the ammonia

Reaction score
I think trigonal planar is right!
I did it * Tetrahedral because of repulsion between 3 bonding pairs and 1 very stable carbocation surrounded by bulky groups. They repel for maximum separation* after the exam I recognised that it was absolutely wrong :(

Reaction score
I think trigonal planar is right!
I did it * Tetrahedral because of repulsion between 3 bonding pairs and 1 very stable carbocation surrounded by bulky groups. They repel for maximum separation* after the exam I recognised that it was absolutely wrong :(
well we tried our best lets finish the rest of the papers and then pray to Allah :)

Reaction score
i got 47.5, what about O18 isotope? it wrote it's a catalyst and equilibrium was reached sooner

Reaction score
I dont remember the value, But for 18 O i wrote it is a catalyst so doesnt affect equilibrium position.

I wrote that as it was added, it provided drive for the equilibrium and thus it was used to create more ozone so that dynamic equilibrium could be reached again

Reaction score
yay i got that too! :) for the mole calculation qn, did you guys get these really small answers? like 2.something x 10^(-5) :O

Reaction score
I wrote that as it was added, it provided drive for the equilibrium and thus it was used to create more ozone so that dynamic equilibrium could be reached again
But didnt it say there was no affect on equilibrium on addition of 18O