• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

how was the pak std geo exam?

Reaction score
akifa4296 said:
it wz jst f9...i attempted 3,4,5
i also didnt get the self-help scheme!!
come on guys self-help schemes was the policies or favours which GOVERNMENT could give to help people in Kacchi abadi !!

Reaction score
Advantages- (These could be advantages to the people themselves or advantages to the government)

Advantages -
-People will have a higher standard of living
-Less social problems such as crimes as people are now given a higher standard of living.
-Legal entitlements to land so no more temporary settlements, people now have a permanent place to live
-Improvements in infrastructure facilities, people can gain access to clean water, sanitation etc.

Disadvantages-
-High cost
-Takes a long time for a katchi abadi to develop, therefore progress rate is slow.
-People in katchi abadis may depend on self help schemes all the time instead of using them to their advantage.

Do my points seem right?

Reaction score
boxfire1995 said:
Inputs me i wrote gypsum, clay, rock salt, was it wrong?
I'm afraid so mate. The question stated "Name three other inputs rather then raw materials.Answers like labour, power, land etc would've been fine.

Reaction score
I did 1 ,2 and 5...and hey did v have to draw the map in question number 5 a of ROUTE OF MONSOON WIND IN PAKISTAN....... :unknown:

Reaction score
It is an input....
U can check huma sethi's book. Its in the industries chapter under cement

Reaction score
Ok guys, tell me if these answers are correct. (I explained the answers, so just tell me if the points are correct)

How does the persian wheel work? (3 marks)
-Animal (i used the example of ox)
-It walks
-Wheel spins
-Farmer collects water

Advantages of tubewell over persian wheel. (2 marks)
-Faster
-Costs of feeding animal are saved
Disadvanatges of tubewell over persian wheel (2 marks)
-High cost of buying the tubewell
-Needs petrol of work

What are 2 main raw material inputs of cement? (2 marks)
-Gypsum
-Limestone

Name 3 other inputs for cement making (3 marks)
-Land
-Labour
-Power

Where is concrete used in the Insert? (3 marks)
-Road
-FoothPaths
-Buildings

Why is concrete industry important to devolopment of Karachi? (4 marks)
-Stable homes and buildings
-Efficent traffic system
-Provides employment

Advanatges of self-help scheme (3 marks)
-Prevents problems of shanty localities
-Provides employment
-(1 more point i cant remember)
Disadvantages of self-help scheme (3 marks)
-Cost
-Prevents money from being spent in other projects
-Encourages rural-urban migration

Why do people get ill in places like the INSERT picture(which was a shanty locality) (6 marks)
-No health facilities
-Near sewage drains
-No disposal of waste
-Spreading of diseases
-No protection from winter winds
-No source of clean water.

I know this is alot, but can someone impartialy check all this and tell me how much i scored, and where i lost marks.

Reaction score
Thanks perfect1.. that was very helpful :)
For disadvantages in the self help scheme part I wrote how it would be difficult for people to give back the loans they may be given.. is that incorrect?

Reaction score
I think your other point: "Cost of feeding animals is also saved" may be a little vague, i'm not 100% sure about this one mate.

Everything seems fine, except your "encourages rural-urban migration" in the self help scheme question.

And winter winds in the last question, well I'm not really sure.

Reaction score
scarificeurlaav said:
Thanks perfect1.. that was very helpful :)
For disadvantages in the self help scheme part I wrote how it would be difficult for people to give back the loans they may be given.. is that incorrect?
I am honestly not sure, i didnt know what self-help schemes actually were. I just took a fluke guess and it was correct. But I doubt, that returning loan is correct. Since (if I am not wrong), the people do not have to return any loans. But I am not sure.

Reaction score
rafae said:
I think your other point: "Cost of feeding animals is also saved" may be a little vague, i'm not 100% sure about this one mate.

Everything seems fine, except your "encourages rural-urban migration" in the self help scheme question.

And winter winds in the last question, well I'm not really sure.

Agreed that the first two point may be wrong.
About the winter winds, i actually explained that since thier homes are made of strawes and hay, it will not be sufficent for thier protection against the winter weather.

Reaction score
Returning loans is incorrect.. Because self help schemes aren't loans. It's like providing infrastructure etc to katchi abadis.