• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

how was the pak std geo exam?

Reaction score
Advantages- (These could be advantages to the people themselves or advantages to the government)

Advantages -
-People will have a higher standard of living
-Less social problems such as crimes as people are now given a higher standard of living.
-Legal entitlements to land so no more temporary settlements, people now have a permanent place to live
-Improvements in infrastructure facilities, people can gain access to clean water, sanitation etc.

Disadvantages-
-High cost
-Takes a long time for a katchi abadi to develop, therefore progress rate is slow. (It is like a long-term investment)
-People in katchi abadis may depend on self help schemes all the time instead of using them to their advantage.

What do you think about my points for the self help scheme question.

Reaction score
if somebody wrote
concrete in -making homes
-markets
-offices

HE WILL GET ONE MARK NAH? :)

Reaction score
concrete in making homes is only correct,
markets and offices are the same thing really (as in markets, offices and homes; all three are buildings)
I just wrote buildings..

Reaction score
One of the advantage i wrote in self-help advantage was
-It could decrease the rate of Criminal activities as poors would not perform Criminal activities due to the present of Governmental aid !!
and I saw a Bridge is far area !!

Reaction score
Ok, i discussed 31 of the 50 marks of Qs1 and Qs3, can somebody tell me what the remaining 19 marks were of, cuz i cant remember.
I remember the waterlogging and Salinity qs (6 marks)
(And i screwed up bigtime here, but tell me how much i scored)
-Reduces nutrients in soil
-Land cannot be used for cultivation
-Waterlogging destroys crops which do not need alot of water.

Problems created by industries if they located near city (3 marks)
-Pollution
-Traffic
-Noise disturbances.

That makes it 40 marks of 50.

Reaction score
I too, was pretty confused about what to write about where the concrete was used, i could come up with just the road and the buildings. Then i wrote houses at the end of the exam, i guess I'll be getting 2 marks in that question. x/

Reaction score
@perfect1: Wasn't the adv n disadv q of the persian wheel, that what are the advantages and disadvantages of replacing the tubewell with the persian wheel? or what are the advantages and disadvantages of using the persian wheel than the tubewell?????????????????????????????????????????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Reaction score
btw, is electric poles and street lighting poles (i wrote it as one point) correct for tht karachi pic q?

Reaction score
for water logging one i wrote

-what it means
-reduces area for cultivation
-less cropp grown
-less output
-less profit made so less money got
-ultimately farmers cannot buy fertilizers or other machinery
-no pesticides so pests might harm next years crop

Reaction score
hi.

was the self help scheme in question number 3?

and in which question was the part that said "Why do poor/uneducated people get labour in major cities.

i 've forgotten :p please answer, thanks

Reaction score
killer22 said:
@perfect1: Wasn't the adv n disadv q of the persian wheel, that what are the advantages and disadvantages of replacing the tubewell with the persian wheel? or what are the advantages and disadvantages of using the persian wheel than the tubewell?????????????????????????????????????????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
The Questions was, What are the advantages and disadvantages of replacing a Persian Wheel with a tubewell. (Not the other way around).

Reaction score
xmariam3x said:
hi.

was the self help scheme in question number 3?

and in which question was the part that said "Why do poor/uneducated people get labour in major cities.

i 've forgotten :p please answer, thanks

self Help scheme was in Q 4 ,
and about uneducated people,
-they open small scale/cotage industries or work in informal sector which does not require any education
-work as carpenter/cobbler/etc
-may work in teritory sector e.g as a driver.