• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

how was the pak std geo exam?

Reaction score
msroxd07 said:
xmariam3x said:
hi.

was the self help scheme in question number 3?

and in which question was the part that said "Why do poor/uneducated people get labour in major cities.

i 've forgotten :p please answer, thanks

self Help scheme was in Q 4 ,
and about uneducated people,
-they open small scale/cotage industries or work in informal sector which does not require any education
-work as carpenter/cobbler/etc
-may work in teritory sector e.g as a driver.

thnkyou for the answer .. but which question was this part from?

Reaction score
hamzadar2006 said:
pakiboy said:
hey wat is self help scheme!
It means the scheme by government by which government provides loan to homeless people to build new homes.
no it doesnt it means when gov provides local ppl with material and they build homes themselves.... the money saved on the labour is used to give them electricity and other supplies

Reaction score
xmariam3x said:
msroxd07 said:
xmariam3x said:
hi.

was the self help scheme in question number 3?

and in which question was the part that said "Why do poor/uneducated people get labour in major cities.

i 've forgotten :p please answer, thanks

self Help scheme was in Q 4 ,
and about uneducated people,
-they open small scale/cotage industries or work in informal sector which does not require any education
-work as carpenter/cobbler/etc
-may work in teritory sector e.g as a driver.

it was from Q 4 , i dun remembr whch part :\

Reaction score
saud0tanvir said:
hamzadar2006 said:
pakiboy said:
hey wat is self help scheme!
It means the scheme by government by which government provides loan to homeless people to build new homes.
no it doesnt it means when gov provides local ppl with material and they build homes themselves.... the money saved on the labour is used to give them electricity and other supplies

yeah yur right, tht governmnt facilitates those poor people living in shanty livings.
wel advantages are:
-improve living standard (sanitation,clean water,shelter)explained.
-give rise to greater self sufficiency
-There skills are enhanced like sweeping so later they can get employment.
-Creates awareness so they can look after themselves in a better way
-less criminal activites
-open small scale/cottage industries.
-Reduces rural-urban migration.

Disadvantages:
-Costly,as pakistan governmnt is already under debts.
-Faces opposition because ppl are not ready to work themselves(inefficiencies)
-So Many shanty and tent livings,will require alot of time.

Reaction score
i did q 1,2,3. except for the growth of wheat by barani farming, the paper was easy!

Reaction score
one of the uses of concrete i wrote was it is used to line the plantations or trees... would this be correct as they were lined by cement....???

Reaction score
Guys let's not worry. Ho jae ga Insh'Allah! If not an A*, we'll get atleast an A :D.

Reaction score
killer22 said:
@perfect1: Wasn't the adv n disadv q of the persian wheel, that what are the advantages and disadvantages of replacing the tubewell with the persian wheel? or what are the advantages and disadvantages of using the persian wheel than the tubewell?????????????????????????????????????????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
It was advantages and disadvantages of replacing persian wheel with a tubewell?

Reaction score
Now what do you guys think the grade threshold for this paper will be?

Me presuming that an A* probably will be a 60 or possibly a bit more.

Reaction score
perfect1 said:
Now what do you guys think the grade threshold for this paper will be?

Me presuming that an A* probably will be a 60 or possibly a bit more.
why so low threshold ??

Reaction score
The paper was not 'very' easy, and since grade threshold for history is very likely to be about 63-64, the grade threshold for geogrophy is always less.

Reaction score
The grade threshold will never be like 63-64 for history...
That is way too high. Not everyone will do that well.
63/75 is like 84 %.

It may be around 59-60. Plus, the geography paper seemed hard, but it actually wasn't very hard.
Although I didn't perform exceptional or anything, the paper was general man.

Reaction score
perfect1 said:
The paper was not 'very' easy, and since grade threshold for history is very likely to be about 63-64, the grade threshold for geogrophy is always less.
I probably think threshold for history will be 65 to 67 for A*, as History paper was easy !!

Reaction score
rafae said:
The grade threshold will never be like 63-64 for history...
That is way too high. Not everyone will do that well.
63/75 is like 84 %.

It may be around 59-60. Plus, the geography paper seemed hard, but it actually wasn't very hard.
Although I didn't perform exceptional or anything, the paper was general man.

Actually, in O'Level exams, they give 14 on 14 (unlike in most schools), which is why the threshold is gonna be more. But the paper certianly was not difficult, me expecting anything between 65-71 (68 to be exact). And so are most of my classmates. But you never know with CIE.
One thing is for sure, Grade Threshold for Geography, has always and will be less than History.

Reaction score
Yeah man, but how many are we?
Think about how many people have their exams go well.
I know many that did bad on their history paper.
There like probably over 10,000 candidates for Pak studies; at the most maybe like 1 quarter of those candidates did well?
Plus, I'm not sure about IGCSE, but 2059 Pak St and IGCSE, have the same syllabus.
According to the May/June 2010 paper of History, which was even easier then this, the grade threshold for an A was at 52.
For geography, it was at 54.
So, you never know, geography is actually higher, cause more people score in it. You can use your general knowledge, and gain 2/4 marks!