• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

how was the pak std geo exam?

Reaction score
rafae said:
Yeah man, but how many are we?
Think about how many people have their exams go well.
I know many that did bad on their history paper.
There like probably over 10,000 candidates for Pak studies; at the most maybe like 1 quarter of those candidates did well?
Plus, I'm not sure about IGCSE, but 2059 Pak St and IGCSE, have the same syllabus.
According to the May/June 2010 paper of History, which was even easier then this, the grade threshold for an A was at 52.
For geography, it was at 54.
So, you never know, geography is actually higher, cause more people score in it. You can use your general knowledge, and gain 2/4 marks!
lets hope the threshold would be low as i messed up a little in geo :(

Reaction score
Could someone tell me what the second last part in Q5 was advantages and disadvantages of winter rainfall in northern areas or northern mountains?
and the answer too :)

Reaction score
perfect1 said:
http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/Cambridge%20IGCSE/0448%20-%20History%20And%20Culture%20Of%20Pakistan/0448_s10_gt.pdf

This is the IGSCE threshold for May/June 2010, and history is 54 and Geogrophy is 48 for an A.

Are you saying that that the grade threshold for GCSE Pak Studies was 52 for an A?

Oh my bad :D.
I think I read it the other way around, or maybe it was a different paper.
But, still history has got to be near 58-60 maybe? Geography like 52?

Reaction score
salmanpakrocks said:
ghaniahareem said:
i did 1 2 3 n 4!
CIE will check the first 3 and cancel the rest !!
my teacher said k they chk all da qustionx n mark da highest!
n my frnd told me k kisi mark scheme main likha ha! all da studentz in myschool attmptd 4 qustionz!

Reaction score
ghaniahareem said:
salmanpakrocks said:
ghaniahareem said:
i did 1 2 3 n 4!
my teacher said k they chk all da qustionx n mark da highest!
n my frnd told me k kisi mark scheme main likha ha! all da studentz in myschool attmptd 4 qustionz!
have you read the examiner report ?? It is clearly written that those candidates attempting more than 3 questions are at clear dis-advantage !!

Reaction score
salmanpakrocks said:
ghaniahareem said:
i did 1 2 3 n 4!

no salman, u r wrong, if u see jun or nov 2007 mark scheme of geography, u will know that the cie checks all the questions attempted and marks the highest scoring ones!

Reaction score
yeah the students are at a disadvantage as time will be lost that could be spent on other questions but if they attempted more than three the most highest scoring wil be regarded!

Reaction score
perfect1 said:
http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/Cambridge%20IGCSE/0448%20-%20History%20And%20Culture%20Of%20Pakistan/0448_s10_gt.pdf

This is the IGSCE threshold for May/June 2010, and history is 54 and Geogrophy is 48 for an A.

Are you saying that that the grade threshold for GCSE Pak Studies was 52 for an A?

this grade threshold is for pakistan studies syllabus code 0448!!!!!! our syllabus code is 2059!! CIE doesnt publishes grade threshold of 2059 pakstudies, 2058 islamiyat and 3248 urdu second language as far as i know!

Reaction score
ashiqbal said:
perfect1 said:

this grade threshold is for pakistan studies syllabus code 0448!!!!!! our syllabus code is 2059!! CIE doesnt publishes grade threshold of 2059 pakstudies, 2058 islamiyat and 3248 urdu second language as far as i know!

Ashiqbal, the syllabus is the same.
We are just pointing out the grade thresholds for Pakistan studies O'level and IGCSE will not differ as much since they have the same paper.. :%)

Reaction score
Btw, O'Level standard is higher than IGSCE (From what i know) , thus our grade threshold will be probably be a few more marks than theirs

Reaction score
pakiboy said:
hey wat is self help scheme!

I guess it was regarding Small-Scale and Cottage Industries...but I had to do Q2. coz I wasn't able to understand this thingy in paper!

Reaction score
farzansaeed said:
pakiboy said:
hey wat is self help scheme!

I guess it was regarding Small-Scale and Cottage Industries...but I had to do Q2. coz I wasn't able to understand this thingy in paper!

Self help scheme is when the government provides infrastructure, legal rights, sanitation etc, basically to improve the socio-economic position of shanty settlements.

Reaction score
1,3 n4.. Alhamdulillah paper went gr8 by Grace of ALLAH. and by the way salman it doesnt matter wether u comment on paper within theses 24 hrz.. its all drama man. Dont fear much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
no man it does matter! if u have signed up for XPF then u have to follow all the rulz, however idiotic they may seem to your over grown head. do u say that u can wear your home clothes to ur school and wearing ur uniform is a drama? well if u do not abstain from discussing paper, the XPF moderators can delete your account, and i will inform them if i see anyone. GUYS PLEASE HELP THE MODERATORS IN MAKING ALL THE PEOPLE FOLLOW XPF RULES!!!

Reaction score
ashiqbal said:
no man it does matter! if u have signed up for XPF then u have to follow all the rulz, however idiotic they may seem to your over grown head. do u say that u can wear your home clothes to ur school and wearing ur uniform is a drama? well if u do not abstain from discussing paper, the XPF moderators can delete your account, and i will inform them if i see anyone. GUYS PLEASE HELP THE MODERATORS IN MAKING ALL THE PEOPLE FOLLOW XPF RULES!!!
thank you Ashiqbal !! :)
Well like he said, Discussing paper before 24 hours is not allowed so Please don't discuss it or else you will be banned without a warning !!