• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

how was the physics atp 5054/42 may/june 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
When they say 'start your graph from the origin', they mean starting both your axis from 0.
Haven't u done any Physics ATPs :|
Something for you and after that you will shit bricks,I have attempted 15 years of past papers and read there marking schemes so chill man we are not here to fight.
If you want to give your shit logics please continue
upload_2014-5-10_2-18-43.png

Reaction score
The paper was simple as ****,i dont know why you guys are acting like retards,everyone has gone mad,thinkin that the other is not making sense or spitting bull shit really?What if i tell you If there was a market for bad ideas I'd want drilling rights to your head.
only 1 thing I,ll tell u:Stop with the lang abuse;Probably I wont,but a good chance is others wud report or anything.
Dunno if u find this whole idea of abusing amusing or not(or offending or likewise).So u might want to consider tht and PIPE DOWN.
one more thing,u still haven,t proved anything I stated wrong.like I said buoyancy even though difficult was only illustrated in the question.It was at a really crude or basic level and questions were not even asked explicitly or implicitly abt tht.So there u go!

Reaction score
Something for you and after that you will shit bricks,I have attempted 15 years of past papers and read there marking schemes so chill man we are not here to fight.
If you want to give your shit logics please continue
View attachment 41774
U have only supplemented wht others have been saying.Verly,we had to start graph frm origin which means tht SCALE had to be started frm origin,not necessarily the line or curve of best fit,and how cud it have(in this question,i have explained earlier on).
plus they said starting from (40,10) which was penalized .it means the scales NOT Lines or curves were initialized frm this point

Reaction score
only 1 thing I,ll tell u:Stop with the lang abuse;Probably I wont,but a good chance is others wud report or anything.
Dunno if u find this whole idea of abusing amusing or not(or offending or likewise).So u might want to consider tht and PIPE DOWN.
one more thing,u still haven,t proved anything I stated wrong.like I said buoyancy even though difficult was only illustrated in the question.It was at a really crude or basic level and questions were not even asked explicitly or implicitly abt tht.So there u go!
Everyone here is at daggers drawn and want to prove that the man next is wrong ,ok i will try for not amusing,as u wish

Reaction score
U have only supplemented wht others have been saying.Verly,we had to start graph frm origin which means tht SCALE had to be started frm origin,not necessarily the line or curve of best fit,and how cud it have(in this question,i have explained earlier on).
plus they said starting from (40,10) which was penalized .it means the scales NOT Lines or curves were initialized frm this point
40,10 is what this 1,8.8 was this time (i dont remember the exact fig) so please try reading before writing

Reaction score
it is just an example dont get high ,some even wrote 8.8 after 0 so that is for them
my teacher told me today that such a graph is not possible as even adding zero(0) rubber bands to the rod will make the rod float as the rod has its own weight as well..... maybe if "origin" was written(which i did not see) it was to start the marking of scale from "0".....(which also my teacher said today)
the 0,0 given on scale was to continue the scale......
i've done past papers from 1994 of ATP never found a triangle graph ever....
but i'm chilled......

Reaction score
Okay,you people win i lose,so whats the point?Did you got a distinction now, now please amuse me by saying some intelligent?
Really no one has a life now just to prove that they are right and the other is wrong and go ahead report all of my post and it is getting sick here, i wish people here just had brains instead of peanuts

Reaction score
my teacher told me today that such a graph is not possible as even adding zero(0) rubber bands to the rod will make the rod float as the rod has its own weight as well..... maybe if "origin" was written(which i did not see) it was to start the marking of scale from "0".....(which also my teacher said today)
the 0,0 given on scale was to continue the scale......
i've done past papers from 1994 of ATP never found a triangle graph ever....
but i'm chilled......
as much as i remember that was a dense object

Reaction score
Okay, let me clear this idiotic argument up!
No one is right or wrong. We are all human beings. Let's not fight. Please!

I haven't done any 15 years past papers, but the few i looked at before the paper, i was able to deduce the pattern. I was able to understand what physics atp is about.

THE GRAPHS. They ALWAYS give either LINE OF BEST FIT, or CURVE OF BEST FIT.

And either they leave the axis completely empty, and we have to choose the scale ourselves, or they give us the starting points, like sometimes the axis start from 30 and 10.. or something! So we have to fill the remaining markings on the axis accordingly.

Sometimes they don't give a single marking on the axis, and they tell us START YOUR GRAPH FROM THE ORIGIN. That means, that the first marking on the axis should be the 0,0. X-axis should start from 0, and the y-axis should start from 0. ONLY THEN OUR GRAPH WOULD ENCOMPASS THE ENTIRE SPACE AFTER ZERO, and we can say that our GRAPH has started from zero. THAT IS THE GRAPH.

The line we draw on it, is either a LINE OF BEST FIT, or CURVE OF BEST FIT, according to your points. That's it.

So when they say, START YOUR GRAPH FROM ORIGIN, that means 0,0 should be the first thing.

But in the question we got, zero zero was already there, so we just had to choose a suitable scale and draw a line of best fit. Simple is that.

Idk what this argument is about, but this is what they mean when they say start your graph from origin.

Now let's end it. What's happened, happened. Move on to the future.

Reaction score
You deserve a cookie,happy now?

Reaction score
Okay, let me clear this idiotic argument up!
No one is right or wrong. We are all human beings. Let's not fight. Please!

I haven't done any 15 years past papers, but the few i looked at before the paper, i was able to deduce the pattern. I was able to understand what physics atp is about.

THE GRAPHS. They ALWAYS give either LINE OF BEST FIT, or CURVE OF BEST FIT.

And either they leave the axis completely empty, and we have to choose the scale ourselves, or they give us the starting points, like sometimes the axis start from 30 and 10.. or something! So we have to fill the remaining markings on the axis accordingly.

Sometimes they don't give a single marking on the axis, and they tell us START YOUR GRAPH FROM THE ORIGIN. That means, that the first marking on the axis should be the 0,0. X-axis should start from 0, and the y-axis should start from 0. ONLY THEN OUR GRAPH WOULD ENCOMPASS THE ENTIRE SPACE AFTER ZERO, and we can say that our GRAPH has started from zero. THAT IS THE GRAPH.

The line we draw on it, is either a LINE OF BEST FIT, or CURVE OF BEST FIT, according to your points. That's it.

So when they say, START YOUR GRAPH FROM ORIGIN, that means 0,0 should be the first thing.

But in the question we got, zero zero was already there, so we just had to choose a suitable scale and draw a line of best fit. Simple is that.

Idk what this argument is about, but this is what they mean when they say start your graph from origin.

Now let's end it. What's happened, happened. Move on to the future.
please just need to shit on there hand and slap themselves,it weights 20% so whats the draw here ?I dont get it and wait for the ms to come

Reaction score
When they asked for advantage of DIGITAL AMMETER, i said it gives a more accurate reading as parallax error is avoided. Is this correct? :3

Status
Not open for further replies.