• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was today's add-maths paper 2 ?

Reaction score
For vectors answer could be in negative! i also proved that answer several times! And again no.s were 2,3,4,5,6,7 i highlighted every no.s and rechecked it too! For Area of Triangle in P1 it was exact 156units square! I got it through vertice multiplying! QR was bieng expressed in mu lamda a and b due to OR being Mu a or b! and it was of 3 Marks so OR couldnt be expressed betterly!
aLso it was possible to express QR in terms widout lambda, I myself got lambda in it and then also i am saying...

Reaction score
Yr its a common thing in vectors for direction to be reversed without lambda it had been to much lenghty and not worth 3 marks u just had to express it in mu terms! and for proving i always prove things at the end! Apply this technique! when u equated the QR=QR just have put the values of mu and lambda and they were 8/33=8/33 ! So answers were absolutely correct!

Reaction score
:S Could u prove how answers be negative...
u see it was OR = lambda OA
thus lambda can never be negative or elso its direction woul be change .. :S so please dont make fuss of it, and wats 2,3,4,5,6,7 . ??
2.3.4.5.6.7 are the permutations digits!

Reaction score
Yr its a common thing in vectors for direction to be reversed without lambda it had been to much lenghty and not worth 3 marks u just had to express it in mu terms! and for proving i always prove things at the end! Apply this technique! when u equated the QR=QR just have put the values of mu and lambda and they were 8/33=8/33 ! So answers were absolutely correct!
welL , then u are talking to wrong guy becoz i too have adoptd that method of checking the answers, and if u have just relied on that mehod then U must have messed up, becoz by looking at the diagram one coul have predicted that lambda and mu should be less than 1 and POSITIVE, becoause directions are important in vectors...
If ur equations equated then its an evidence that u made mistakes in previous parts ;)

Reaction score
it were 2,3,4,5,6,7 and answers were 180 and 60! and the technique of proving is absolutely correct and i dont sit in wrong guyz!When u equate QR=QR then by putting values answer must be equal! For the permutation i highlighted these no.s correctly and rechecked it several times for acccuracy! Lets wait for Marking Scheme and then look who was wrong and right!

Reaction score
it is astonishing to see that u are so sure on ur answers though u are the only one whom i have encounterd wid new answers.. o_O
yeah its useless to argue lets wait for MS (y)

Reaction score
Question No 8 me double derivative (d^2y/dx^2) nikal kar ye show karna tha ke ye minimum value hai?

Reaction score
Q1- i) 7EP
ii)8ES'
iii)n(S Intersection N)=6
Q3-m=-3 and m=9 (b2-4ac)
Q5 Independant term was 135
Q6 (1)+-underroot (3)
Q8- Dimensions were L=8, B=8, H=4 8x8x4=256cm3 (Proved)
Q10-i)Cominations 12C7
ii)Cases(more womens than men) 5W-3M and 4W-3M with answer =196 ways
Q-11 Either (ii) 0.12 unit square( Corect to 3significant figures)
what was the ans 4 cubic equation qs?
and boy....if the digits were234567 then ur 2nd part's ans is wrong. it then should be 3(coz 234) x1(coz 5 in last place) x4p2

Reaction score
Permutations
Q1-How many 4 digits no. can be formed from 6 digits 1,2,3,5,6,7 if no digit is repeated.
i)If digits formed is less than 5000?
Solution: 3x5x4x3=180 ways
ii)If digit is divisible by 5?
Solution 5x4x3x1=60
(i) part is not related to (ii)
and no.s didnt consisted of 4! This was examiners trick!

Reaction score
Permutations
Q1-How many 4 digits no. can be formed from 6 digits 1,2,3,5,6,7 if no digit is repeated.
i)If digits formed is less than 5000?
Solution: 3x5x4x3=180 ways
ii)If digit is divisible by 5?
Solution 5x4x3x1=60
(i) part is not related to (ii)
and no.s didnt consisted of 4! This was examiners trick!
i am 101% sure that the parts were related the second part said in reference to part 1 how many of these numbersd.

Reaction score
Answer to Permutation (i) was 180 and (ii) was 60 no.s were 2,3,4,5,6,7 not 1
i) 3x5x4x3=180 Less than 5000 with (2.3,4)
ii)5x4x3x1=60 Divisible by five with end five due to no zero!

The answer to last of permutations was 48. I confirmed this with my entire batch just to be sure, and our teacher also attempted these two questions.

Reaction score
Let see! But i am sure the no.s less than 5 were 3! Teachers are not always accurate to 100% maybe all of the batch considered no.s 1,2,3,4,5,6! instead of 1,2,3,5,6,7! Part ii was not related to one as it stated How many of these numbers... inaccordance with the first explanatory part which stated 4 digits are formed from 6 digits!

Reaction score
Let see! But i am sure the no.s less than 5 were 3! Teachers are not always accurate to 100% maybe all of the batch considered no.s 1,2,3,4,5,6! instead of 1,2,3,5,6,7! Part ii was not related to one as it stated How many of these numbers... inaccordance with the first explanatory part which stated 4 digits are formed from 6 digits!
i also got 6o answer in second part!