• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

how ws chem p.41 ??

Reaction score
my paper went terrible...................made many silly mistakes...........best to keep ur expectations low

Reaction score
i just hope gt is really low .. cause i left some questions as well :/
:fool: :fool: :fool: :fool: :fool: :fool:

Reaction score
mayyyynnn...Pffffftttt!!!

this paper was like...i duno wattosay..... like "SO.OUT.OF.THE.PROPER.PATTERN"
Where was the electochemistry?????? the transition????? and WHY DID THEY EVEN DARE TO GIVE US THE IRRELEVENT STUFF FROM AS!!!

Well i must say threshold shud be kept around 50's!!!!!
and yea,,,the application part was good but it made me kinda angry cuz i spent ages of my precious life studying all the nanotechnology, NMR, green chemistry!!!
I CANT BELIEVE I STUDIED ALL THAT RUBBISH WHICH WAS NOT INCLUDED, EVEN A TOUCH OF IT!!!!!!!!
Pffttt...I shudda studied all the AS instead!!!!!!!!!!!
Btw my lattice enthalpy was positive, around 500-ish(im nt sure)
what did u guys get!!!

Reaction score
blueindigo said:
mayyyynnn...Pffffftttt!!!

this paper was like...i duno wattosay..... like "SO.OUT.OF.THE.PROPER.PATTERN"
Where was the electochemistry?????? the transition????? and WHY DID THEY EVEN DARE TO GIVE US THE IRRELEVENT STUFF FROM AS!!!

Well i must say threshold shud be kept around 50's!!!!!
and yea,,,the application part was good but it made me kinda angry cuz i spent ages of my precious life studying all the nanotechnology, NMR, green chemistry!!!
I CANT BELIEVE I STUDIED ALL THAT RUBBISH WHICH WAS NOT INCLUDED, EVEN A TOUCH OF IT!!!!!!!!
Pffttt...I shudda studied all the AS instead!!!!!!!!!!!
Btw my lattice enthalpy was positive, around 500-ish(im nt sure)
what did u guys get!!!

dude i agreee with you 1000000000000000000% !!!
its like they looked at two or 3 chapters and picked the most diff. Q's out of them !!
i sadly havent had the time to finish some questions who had great marks on them nd didnt get the chance to check my answers ... ooo god this is a nightmare :cry:

Reaction score
i know like omgg!!!!!! i didnt get chance either to check the ppr!!!
i was like keep looking at my watch when i had 3 big qs remaining(the 1st 3 as i finshed the last ones b4)
Soo...iduuno what i did there, what equation did u guys use fr the Nitrogen being prevented from combustion(dunno if thats the way it was)

and abt the Phosohorus thing.....pffffttt......i dont know what i did, the question seemed quite easy like finding molecular formula and stuff...but even that wud require sum amount of time, and i was running of it!!!!!! i messed it up so much, i crossed out stuff then wrote it again..:/
what did u people get fr the lattice enthalpy???????????????
and to find the pH....what were your values of H+ and OH-???????

Reaction score
i really went prepared for organic chemistry, but even then, i screwd up the last one badly :( ...
i didnt even check my paper, and i had a tough time remembering all that i learnd in AS, not to mention i left a few...
this paper was a disaster :cry:

Reaction score
blueindigo said:
i know like omgg!!!!!! i didnt get chance either to check the ppr!!!
i was like keep looking at my watch when i had 3 big qs remaining(the 1st 3 as i finshed the last ones b4)
Soo...iduuno what i did there, what equation did u guys use fr the Nitrogen being prevented from combustion(dunno if thats the way it was)

and abt the Phosohorus thing.....pffffttt......i dont know what i did, the question seemed quite easy like finding molecular formula and stuff...but even that wud require sum amount of time, and i was running of it!!!!!! i messed it up so much, i crossed out stuff then wrote it again..:/
what did u people get fr the lattice enthalpy???????????????
and to find the pH....what were your values of H+ and OH-???????

i totally feel u ...
for lattice energy i got -5 thousand something .. though i doubt its right ....
empirical formula for phos. thing i got pcl2 .... i forgot wt ws my molecular formula ...
nd there was a questions about how oxidation numbers for clhorine in elements of na.mg. and so on
wt did u guys write for them ??

Reaction score
i totally forgot abt tha 24hrs thing.. :D

n i gave both AS n A2 togthr....n its very hectic..cz u hv a paper almost everyday...n yuh..ma teachr taght us only the important stuffs in apps..n the ohtrz the teachr wasnt evn bothrd..!

Reaction score
am just wondering are there ppl out there somewhere who havent had the exam yet ??

Reaction score
its been so long now.. i guess its okay,
btw : i wrote my emperical formula as P2Cl4.. which is basically PCl2..
so would they give me the mark?

Reaction score
oh mann...i got sumthing wierd, i wasnt gettin pbcl2, i did some error then!!!
oh my! that means i did the whole question wrong? cuz the following parts were related to it!!! or isnt there supposed to be error carrried forward????
Guys please say out....isit going to affect the whole qs, or wud they accept the next ones?????

Reaction score
uh ohhhh....and btw, were you able to identify E,F and G(guess these were the right letters)??
in the organic part..
i got E as an aldehyde with alkene-cuz it was C7H12O...so guess thats the only possible way to get it..what did you guys get??
for F...that was easy.....CH3-CO-CH3-since it was C3H6O..plus it made it clear by giving a positive result with iodoform test, so must have a methyl CO grp!
and G was one with carboxyllic acid AND ketone group!!
GUYS IS IT RIGHT??????

Reaction score
wt did u guys write the answer for the question about state and explain the trend of oxidation number of chlorine in the elements Na...Mg...Al...Si ??