• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How's Chemistry Paper 52?

Reaction score
woahhh.. The chemistry paper 5 hardness was medium. i did wrong for prediction the temperature of solution. The boiling temperature should have increased linearly as the concentration of solution increases. But i wrote that it decreases and curved, not linear. DAMN... and for q2, the gradient is 0.8. I should have said that the actual ratio should be 5:4, but instead i said that 0.8 is close to 1 so the equation is valid OMG.. Im so damn wrong today. Hope tht i still can get A* for chem. Must work hard for P4 then rawrrr.. There's Maths P7 though tomorrow afternoon oh well..

Reaction score
Actually if you said that 0.8 is close to 1 AND INCLUDING EXPERIMENTAL ERRORS then the equation is valid you'll get your marks.
However if you just said that 0.8 is close to 1 then you probably won't get your marks.

Reaction score
Both answers are correct....the question was that what is YOUR conclusion! you needed to give a valid argument that justified you solution............... :)

Reaction score
PAPER WENT GOOD I MADE THE WRONG GRAPH FOR VAPOUR PRESSURE AND FOR Q2 I SAID IT CONFIRMS THE STOICHIOMETRY BECAUSE 0.8 IS CLOSE TO 1 AND THE EXPERIMENTAL ERRORS ARE THE REASON FOR THE SLIGHT DIFFERENCE. WILL I GET ANY MARKS? :shock:

Reaction score
I wrote the same. 0.8 is close to 1. Gradient was 0.8. Was the curve an increasing one? I made an increasing curve but dunno if it's right or not

Reaction score
My Paper went ok but i made a mistake........ i spent too much time on scaling the graph properly!
Did the Graph and rest of the part of the second question in about 5 mins, don't know if i did it correctly though becaz i was in such a hurry.
My last part which was of 2 or 3 mark went blank because the time had finished. :(

What was the shape of the graph of first question? did it passed from origin?
My gradient was 0.8 something( dont know exactly) Is this correct?

Reaction score
Yes it was 0.78. graph passed from origin. the last part was of 2-3 marks only i think

Reaction score
i got 0.8 n i also wrote its close to 1 so correct relationship... is it wrong??

Reaction score
PAPER WAS DAMN EASY :D
only the diagram in first question went wrong ....
i had placed the thermometer in the steam and i used water bath to control the temperature and i dint use any instrument to meaasure the pressure\

Independent variable was concentration of solute
dependent was change in boiling point

boiling point increased and graph was linear but had a positve y intercept i.e at 0 concentration water had a b.p
in second question gradient was 0.8 i.e close to orignal equation agrees
there were to anomolus readings one Cu(oh)2 higer and lower
higer cuz some water was still present lower cuz some of it may have been lost during washing

Reaction score
it might be of 2-3 marks but A on this paper is Usually low! 17-18 mark and i left those parts! :(

This happens to me all the time, In Physics 42, I mistakenly left the last Question[Q12] (lost 8 marks straight):(

Reaction score
Oh...i lost marks in phy too..in the tele com question! :( it's okay..hopefully you won't lose much marks! i didn't draw a lot in the diagram for the apparatus! i made it pass from the origin...

Reaction score
u must leave 5 mins in the end before giving ur paper
to make sure that u have actually finished ur paper

Reaction score
The shame is i HAD 5mins before the end of paper............. i was just sitting, casually checking the paper and when the time finished i closed the paper and fliped it and saw a question printed onto the last page!
:(