• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

I am appearing for the IGCSE May/June 2013 examination and....

Reaction score
I am bad at at studies!

I study! I do study! The grades just do not come up! I have the potential! Teachers tell me the same thing! I can do it! My mom wants me to get some A*'s and Not Fail in literature! I wanna impress my mom! I am not stupid. I study! Just I lack concentration, My handwriting is bad. I do not know how to frame answers! Studying is easy.. when it comes to past papers! I Just go blank! Please help me and tell me what I have to do... My subjects are :

1) Business Studies
2) Maths
3) Chemistry
4) Physics
5) Biology
6) ICT
7) Literature..

I need this! Out of 7 I need at least 4 A*'s.. Help me out guys! I am open to any suggestion!

I am ready to this guys! I am serious! :)

Reaction score
I am bad at at studies!

I study! I do study! The grades just do not come up! I have the potential! Teachers tell me the same thing! I can do it! My mom wants me to get some A*'s and Not Fail in literature! I wanna impress my mom! I am not stupid. I study! Just I lack concentration, My handwriting is bad. I do not know how to frame answers! Studying is easy.. when it comes to past papers! I Just go blank! Please help me and tell me what I have to do... My subjects are :

1) Business Studies
2) Maths
3) Chemistry
4) Physics
5) Biology
6) ICT
7) Literature..

I need this! Out of 7 I need at least 4 A*'s.. Help me out guys! I am open to any suggestion!

Use Oxford Revision guides Quite helpful + http://www.cie.org.uk/qualifications/academic/middlesec

Reaction score
I am bad at at studies!

1) Business Studies
2) Maths
3) Chemistry
4) Physics
5) Biology
6) ICT
7) Literature..

Take tutions or go for crash cource...:p

Reaction score
Well I need help in chemistry :(
Plus Eng Lit (O level) Really scared of lit :(

Reaction score
i understand, going for revision guides is not a bad idea. they will give you short revision and precious tips for answering. here are some other tips:
1) first relax and do not panic. I am also appearing with you. ;) don't be pressurized, just chill and study.
2) don't go directly to past papers. I guess you r still covering your syllabus (revising it). After you do every topic, pick up some questions from the revision exercises and other sources and try to solve them. Do not worry if you fail to attempt them (correctly). just look for the answer and try another question.This will make you remember what you learnt well.
3) give some time to physical games and short breaks to keep yourself engaged and concentrated. Other wise you will loss concentration very quickly.
4) Are you appearing in all the seven subjects? just plan accordingly. First revise your syllabus well and along with practice questions. Once you feel confident move towards past papers. Set a timer and start your paper. Do not forget to choose a place and tell everybody in home not to disturb you. You may jot get the desired scores in early papers but it will tell you were you need to revise and to what extent. Check your papers yourself by consulting mark schemes and examiner reports. This will help you to analyze yourself. But it will only work if you remain honest with yourself!
5) Try to solve every paper and understand how the papers are marked (mark distribution etc.) I got an A* in math (Alhamdullillah) by practicing every past paper and understanding my mistakes and examiner's demands. At the end, I even predicted the possible types of questions and I was alomst correct! inshort, you just need experience.
6) Don't be discouraged by any failure. you always achieve success starting from the lowest point. No one directly gets distinction by birth or directly from U grade. it takes time and patience. move step by step to success without realizing. ;)
7) keep in touch with your teachers. Discuss your problems frequently to get satisfying answers.
8) Fianlly, be confident and have faith in Allah. Don't keep any expectation neither discuss your papers after giving with any of your friend. You don't know when your luck works and you get what you think you don't deserve.
best of luck.

Reaction score
i understand, going for revision guides is not a bad idea. they will give you short revision and precious tips for answering. here are some other tips:
1) first relax and do not panic. I am also appearing with you. ;) don't be pressurized, just chill and study.
2) don't go directly to past papers. I guess you r still covering your syllabus (revising it). After you do every topic, pick up some questions from the revision exercises and other sources and try to solve them. Do not worry if you fail to attempt them (correctly). just look for the answer and try another question.This will make you remember what you learnt well.
3) give some time to physical games and short breaks to keep yourself engaged and concentrated. Other wise you will loss concentration very quickly.
4) Are you appearing in all the seven subjects? just plan accordingly. First revise your syllabus well and along with practice questions. Once you feel confident move towards past papers. Set a timer and start your paper. Do not forget to choose a place and tell everybody in home not to disturb you. You may jot get the desired scores in early papers but it will tell you were you need to revise and to what extent. Check your papers yourself by consulting mark schemes and examiner reports. This will help you to analyze yourself. But it will only work if you remain honest with yourself!
5) Try to solve every paper and understand how the papers are marked (mark distribution etc.) I got an A* in math (Alhamdullillah) by practicing every past paper and understanding my mistakes and examiner's demands. At the end, I even predicted the possible types of questions and I was alomst correct! inshort, you just need experience.
6) Don't be discouraged by any failure. you always achieve success starting from the lowest point. No one directly gets distinction by birth or directly from U grade. it takes time and patience. move step by step to success without realizing. ;)
7) keep in touch with your teachers. Discuss your problems frequently to get satisfying answers.
8) Fianlly, be confident and have faith in Allah. Don't keep any expectation neither discuss your papers after giving with any of your friend. You don't know when your luck works and you get what you think you don't deserve.
best of luck.
Dude any tips or ideas for Eng lit :unsure:

Reaction score
best of luck.

Thanks alot! :D I needed tips like that coming up! :D I will be doing that! I have my mocks right now.. I will need to this! I have Less than 3 months! WOW! Thanks alot mate!

Reaction score
HEy guys! i just did my mock exam for business studies, n there was a question abt some thing
to suggest four ways for advertising n explain them, but i mentioned 8 and explained four. my tr said ''why u put 8, i will give u 0 as this is a rule in igcse.'' is there anything like this???
plzzzzz help me n reply

Reaction score
HEy guys! i just did my mock exam for business studies, n there was a question abt some thing
to suggest four ways for advertising n explain them, but i mentioned 8 and explained four. my tr said ''why u put 8, i will give u 0 as this is a rule in igcse.'' is there anything like this???
plzzzzz help me n reply
Yeaa it depends on the qstn and if they ask for 4 then u shud give 4 explaining each of them

Reaction score
I am bad at at studies!

1) Business Studies
2) Maths
3) Chemistry
4) Physics
5) Biology
6) ICT
7) Literature..

You can not succeed. If you study and still not get Good Grades, I am sorry you don't have the potential. ^^

Reaction score
that guy is just an ass! What u really need to do is to believe in urself! Work as hard as u can!! believe me u do need to work hard... and the most important thing is to finish the fear of exams..... Do u start to sweat or something when u see ur paper... Just in case that happens... u need to calm urself!!! 'i don't care abt the results!' this is the kinda attitude u need ... and then inshallah u will end up with A*'s and ur parents will surely be very proud of u! I hope this was of good use to u....