• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

I have a problem in Physics MCQ preparation!!

Reaction score
Well I have my Physics MCQ paper on the 14th of June and I have some troubles in preparing for it. I reviewed the syllabus for Physics back and forth and all I see is that only the AS part of Physics is coming in it. However, I have a Redspot past papers book for Physics MCQ with Helps and there are chapters that are included in it that are a part of the A2 course. The chapters are:

Motion in a Circle
Gravitational Field
Oscillations
Electromagnetism
Electromagnetic Induction
Alternating Currents
Quantum Physics
Lasers and Semiconductors

In the start of the book, it says that it was first published in January 2009 and reprinted in May 2010 so I don't believe that the book is old enough to have a totally different course outline for the A' Level Physics in general. Can anyone help me out here? I need to know if these chapters can actually come in the paper. Thanks a lot in advance.

Reaction score
Best way to check it out is to check out the syllabus from cie's website. Download it and search for the topic you're asking about. If it is in bold, then it is not in the syllabus otherwise it is.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
True that it's printed in 2009 but the questions in it are way too old.
These are topics included in AS-syllabus.
Measurement
Kinematics
Dynamics
Forces
Work, Energy and Power
Electric Fields
Current Electricity
DC Circuits
Nuclear Physics

Reaction score
Well I have my Physics MCQ paper on the 14th of June and I have some troubles in preparing for it. I reviewed the syllabus for Physics back and forth and all I see is that only the AS part of Physics is coming in it. However, I have a Redspot past papers book for Physics MCQ with Helps and there are chapters that are included in it that are a part of the A2 course. The chapters are:

Motion in a Circle
Gravitational Field
Oscillations
Electromagnetism
Electromagnetic Induction
Alternating Currents
Quantum Physics
Lasers and Semiconductors

In the start of the book, it says that it was first published in January 2009 and reprinted in May 2010 so I don't believe that the book is old enough to have a totally different course outline for the A' Level Physics in general. Can anyone help me out here? I need to know if these chapters can actually come in the paper. Thanks a lot in advance.
These topics are for A2 only..you dont need to prepare them now,the rest of the topics are for AS level:)
All the best for your exam:)