• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

I HAVE VERY HIGH EXPECTATIONS FROM YOU TOMM (PHYS P6)

Reaction score
unplugged said:
misternervous said:
DowntownCrew said:
PS. if it is within 10 % then it is accepted , if not statement would be NO then , right ?

what are the precaution for lens

Making sure the lens is perpendicular to the surface.
Making sure the object and the lens are on the same height from the bench.
Using a darkened room.
Accounting for parallex by observing it at 90 degree angle.
Clamping the lens so it doesn't move.
Making sure the center of the lens is in line with the center of the screen.

@unplugged ;

Thanks alot! Now I know why the questions about theory were wrong in my practice , I never did EA :S

Btw about precautions ... is there any site where we can find all of them for all type of questions ? Those from mark scheme are short and most probably we will not get one mark for one word lol

Reaction score
GUUYYYZ PLEASE HULLLLLOOOO
lsn now for the physics im working on handwritten notes,,,,,but it seems impossible to have doing them by tommorow but for physics paper 3 they will be done and ull all love me because they contain everythingggggggggg important and also i have a bio syllabus which i will upload and so as chemistry which describes everypoint in the syllabus.
but since it seems that ur alll afraid froom phys im working on notes in which u study....I guarantee A* at least in ppr3
in addition to that i have and will post some useful advice regarding computer tommorow

dont forget I HAVE VERY HIGH EXPECTATIONS FROM YOU!!!!!

Reaction score
One more thing, when viewing pins while tracing reflected rays, why should we view the bases and not the tops/heads or middle of the pin?

Reaction score
Divalicious said:
One more thing, when viewing pins while tracing reflected rays, why should we view the bases and not the tops/heads or middle of the pin?

Because the top of the pin might be inclined.

Reaction score
Hoh forgot about best fit line ... how do I draw it ? I know it goes between points on the graph but don't remember anything more than that :D
Someone can explain please ?

Reaction score
Also how do I check if a cylinder is placed exactly on a certain mark on a ruler? Like 75 cm or something.

Reaction score
Hey,
I wanted to know the answer of this question (forgot which ppr it is):

How to measure the length of the stretched spring....the mark scheme said fiducial aid......is it the same thing as putting ruler between blocks and all?

thanks!

BR
Xenarra

Reaction score
Xenarra said:
Hey,
I wanted to know the answer of this question (forgot which ppr it is):

How to measure the length of the stretched spring....the mark scheme said fiducial aid......is it the same thing as putting ruler between blocks and all?

thanks!

BR
Xenarra

I guess it is , because it always says like "Use your rule to measure the length of (un)stretched spring" ... You should read questions carefully , they always tell you what you have to do get exact measurement.

Reaction score
Hey,
I need help understanding this particular question. I know its easy but i just need re-assuring since the MS doesn't act human

Heres the link:
http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/0625 - Physics/0625_w10_qp_61.pdf

Question 4, (a) part 3

is the question telling to continue it in a straight line or bend it at a normal?
Thankx to whoever answers it

Also is the Continuation of line EF supposed to be straight or bend towards NN'??

Reaction score
Divalicious said:
Also how do I check if a cylinder is placed exactly on a certain mark on a ruler? Like 75 cm or something.

Same question , someone please ?

@Xenarra

So you just draw a line that connects P3 and P4 and line continues in the same direction (straight) and it crosses CD and AB.

Reaction score
DowntownCrew said:
Divalicious said:

Same question , someone please ?

@Xenarra

So you just draw a line that connects P3 and P4 and line continues in the same direction (straight) and it crosses CD and AB.

@downtowncrew

take reading from one side of the cylinder (R) and other side of cylinder (R') add them and divide by two...u shud get the answer.. :)

Reaction score
Xenarra said:
Hey,
I need help understanding this particular question. I know its easy but i just need re-assuring since the MS doesn't act human

Heres the link:
http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/0625 - Physics/0625_w10_qp_61.pdf

Question 4, (a) part 3

is the question telling to continue it in a straight line or bend it at a normal?

Also is the Continuation of line EF supposed to be straight or bend towards NN'??

Wait so do we bend the Line EF??

Reaction score
Xenarra said:
Xenarra said:
Hey,

Heres the link:

Question 4, (a) part 3

No , don't even think about bending anything in these questions , that's wrong.They all stay the same and P3 and P4 line continues in straight direction.

Reaction score
@Xenarra

I don't get it :( .. this is the most stupid question I ever saw in my life and I feel so sad that I have to study this ...
Can you just take a look at 2009 paper 6 may june , question 5 part c) ?? It is about pivot , rule , load and rest of sh*t :D

Can someone explain me this EA stuff ?? Paper 6 2008 Question 2 b) part 1 ?

Reaction score
DowntownCrew said:
Xenarra said:
Xenarra said:
Hey,

Heres the link:

Question 4, (a) part 3

No , don't even think about bending anything in these questions , that's wrong.They all stay the same and P3 and P4 line continues in straight direction.

Thnks...but then isnt NN' a normal or sumthing? coz if EF travels thru transparent block its suposed to bend rite? :S

Reaction score
DowntownCrew said:
@Xenarra

I don't get it :( .. this is the most stupid question I ever saw in my life and I feel so sad that I have to study this ...
Can you just take a look at 2009 paper 6 may june , question 5 part c) ?? It is about pivot , rule , load and rest of sh*t :D

For the 2009 ppr:

Lol we got that question for mox! heres the answer --> since the pivot does not balance at 50cm and balances at 49.7 cm...you just have to minus 84.2 and 49.7 and you get the answer as 34.5 :)
lemme get back at you for the other paper.

Reaction score
Xenarra said:
DowntownCrew said:
@Xenarra

For the 2009 ppr:

Lol we got that question for mox! heres the answer --> since the pivot does not balance at 50cm and balances at 49.7 cm...you just have to minus 84.2 and 49.7 and you get the answer as 34.5 :)
lemme get back at you for the other paper.

Wow great.Calculation looks much easier than a question LOL
I'm waiting :)

Reaction score
Question 5 a , part 1 , paper 2008 may/june ;

find the gradient ; I constantly get 1.24 by using a formula G=y2-y1/x2-x1 .. I guess gradient has to be found in another way in this question :/