• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

I wrote my english exam in pencil

Reaction score
i wrote half of my english exam in pencil, and i am very confident that my answers are correct, but there wasn't enough time for me to complete the paper in pen. they said at the british council that they would write a report to the board, but do you guys think i have a chance in passing?

Reaction score
i wrote half of my english exam in pencil, and i am very confident that my answers are correct, but there wasn't enough time for me to complete the paper in pen. they said at the british council that they would write a report to the board, but do you guys think i have a chance in passing?
whoa our teacher told us to do nyhng with pencil i think they might check i rele dunno

Reaction score
Well the thing is that the papers get scanned or atleast most do...... so you should know that pencil is one of the material that isnt picked by the computer a lot....... as in because of the pencil the scanned document might be blur making it difficult to read properly......However pray that they are not scanned :)

Reaction score
Well the thing is that the papers get scanned or atleast most do...... so you should know that pencil is one of the material that isnt picked by the computer a lot....... as in because of the pencil the scanned document might be blur making it difficult to read properly......However pray that they are not scanned :)
um i didn't know that but they said that they will include a report which states everything, so here's to hoping they won't scan mine because of the included report. but just a sec, if it's not scanned, will they mark all of my paper?

Reaction score
You shouldve asked your invigilator if it was okay for you to attempt with pencil.
i know that i wasn't supposed to write in pencil, but because i normally don't have a neat handwriting and i get so many ideas at once in my head so i would have probably scribbled throughout the paper, so i was trying to be on the safe side (ha joke's on me)

Reaction score
i know that i wasn't supposed to write in pencil, but because i normally don't have a neat handwriting and i get so many ideas at once in my head so i would have probably scribbled throughout the paper, so i was trying to be on the safe side (ha joke's on me)
pray to Allah . thats all you can do for now and hope for the best

Reaction score
Don't worry at all: since the papers are scanned, if your writing seems faint or they can't really see it, they will always look at the hard copy. Especially if you've told CIE that you wrote it in paper- they have ways of dealing with this- there's always a few candidates who don't do things properly ;)

Reaction score
Don't worry at all: since the papers are scanned, if your writing seems faint or they can't really see it, they will always look at the hard copy. Especially if you've told CIE that you wrote it in paper- they have ways of dealing with this- there's always a few candidates who don't do things properly ;)

Watch this video: it's about Edexcel, but CIE would obviously do something similar.
I hope so! Thank you so very much. I sincerely appreciate this! <3

Reaction score

I think u made a blunder, it will be difficult to scan ur papr