• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

IAL Chemistry paper 5: how was it?

how was paper

• Going to get A* in it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was good

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • medium

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • hard

Votes: 22 64.7%
  • I think i am gonna fail...

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
how was the paper...? for me it was reallllllllly hard like alot :/ but again there were some easy qs specially the last one which one was kind of easy......how was it for u?

Reaction score
how was the paper...? for me it was reallllllllly hard like alot :/ but again there were some easy qs specially the last one which one was kind of easy......how was it for u?
it was like sooooooooooooo bad...like what the hell edexcel!!!!! some questions were easy but relatively the hard questions were a lot more than the easy questions....

Reaction score
You don't fail a subject by doing horribly in one paper. As long as you can attain a minimum of 240 UMS overall (UMS of all the Units combined), then your grade will be an E. Anything below 240 UMS is U i.e. you failed the subject.

Reaction score
You don't fail a subject by doing horribly in one paper. As long as you can attain a minimum of 240 UMS overall (UMS of all the Units combined), then your grade will be an E. Anything below 240 UMS is U i.e. you failed the subject.
sure?! :'D:'D coz my brother said during their time failing in one paper was fail in whole subject.

Reaction score
sure?! :'D:'D coz my brother said during their time failing in one paper was fail in whole subject.
Absolutely. So relax, as long as your Unit 1,2,3,4,6 were reasonably well, failing Unit 5 won't result in failing the entire subject. I don't know where your brother heard this detail from but he is mistaken.

Reaction score
ok guys the mcqs were harder than the qs and i think some of them were like jan 14... the hardest qs according to me was of vanadium especially the electrode potential thingy and last qs was easy but it was from unit 4 which i didnt remember that much well. what the edexcel did? they gave us p4 and p7 easy so that we can gain as much marks on it as possible and now they made p5 hard ...