• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

IB or A level?

Reaction score
IB is way harder I think (I've seen my IB friends'textbooks) and also because you have to do things like internal assessment and get 150 hours of creativity action and service or something... A-Levels focuses more on just the academics, nothing extra like that. You need 6 subjects in IB (3 at higher level and 3 at standard level) and at A-Levels minimum for acceptance is usually just 3. Most American/UK universities accept both IB and A-Level candidates, although from my experience IB candidates are favoured and could even be given university credit straight off the bat on entering.

Reaction score
IB is way harder I think (I've seen my IB friends'textbooks) and also because you have to do things like internal assessment and get 150 hours of creativity action and service or something... A-Levels focuses more on just the academics, nothing extra like that. You need 6 subjects in IB (3 at higher level and 3 at standard level) and at A-Levels minimum for acceptance is usually just 3. Most American/UK universities accept both IB and A-Level candidates, although from my experience IB candidates are favoured and could even be given university credit straight off the bat on entering.

Ohokaay.. btw you gonna study in Texas A&M ? :p