• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

IBA or LUMS

Reaction score
plz guys guide me which one is the best university of BBA in Finance.I dont stay in Pak at the moment so I want to know from you guys that which one is better_IBA or LUMS in terms of career oppurtunities all over pakisatan,salary,recognisation,study,fees and the quality of education.

Reaction score
Both are good for Business related fields. However as far as my knowledge, there's no science section in IBA. While LUMS also has science section. LUMS is better. And I would go for SAT in case 2

Reaction score
lums is way better iba has lost its charm in recent years everybody is getting admission in it nowadays

Reaction score
ya
lums is way better iba has lost its charm in recent years everybody is getting admission in it nowadays
i think the same.the thing is i am from karachi but people told that IBA's hostle is not safe.is it true..?+ i want to know hows lums life and can overseas get admission easily..?

Reaction score
ya
i think the same.the thing is i am from karachi but people told that IBA's hostle is not safe.is it true..?+ i want to know hows lums life and can overseas get admission easily..?
i dont know about overseas students but i have friends with ds and couple of them with percentages in 50s and 60s in iba they just ask you to get the grades above min before you graduate .About hostels girl karachi is not the safest of places i would prefer lums for any girl not iba esp when she has to live in hostels.

Reaction score
I would say go for IBA. I got accepted in both Alhamdullah this year,but i went for IBA. Had it been a few years ago LUMS would have been my choice (till 2010). But now the current dean has started several initiatives which are aimed at making IBA the best business school in Pak and among the Best 100 in the world. The curriculum has been revamped,several teachers with PhDs have been hired and better infrastructure built.
Soon IBA will achieve its goal,it offers a Bachelors degree at quite affordable fees and has a v.strong alumni network.

A_K

Reaction score
@above .. Yes absolutely. Dr. Ishrat has introduced many reforms of which the curriculum revision is most significant.. He has got a 4 year extention too.. Lets hope he does more..But it has got tougher now, a lot of calculus :(

Reaction score
apply both but lums doesnt have a 'BBA'' ... its famous for its ACF program and also in economics ... also look at Nust business school :)

Reaction score
I would say go for IBA. I got accepted in both Alhamdullah this year,but i went for IBA. Had it been a few years ago LUMS would have been my choice (till 2010). But now the current dean has started several initiatives which are aimed at making IBA the best business school in Pak and among the Best 100 in the world. The curriculum has been revamped,several teachers with PhDs have been hired and better infrastructure built.
Soon IBA will achieve its goal,it offers a Bachelors degree at quite affordable fees and has a v.strong alumni network.
visit ibas two campuses and you will soon find out about infrastructure you were talking about :) i am not discouraging you but opting lums out for iba in my opinion is a crazy decision , a good university has one campus (i.e aku,lums,giki,king edward) even if it is a multi campus(nuces ,nust) it should never have two campuses in one city shows quality that they just didnt get enough space or they will built university where ever they find a space ....my opinion lums all the way

Reaction score
yeah I too say IBa is good as ur from karachi. On the other hand I donot think lums offer bba :p

lums offer something like bs economics. ONe more thing Iba is financially less costly then compared to lums

Iba is worth allover PAkistan. It is true that they demand only 65% for intermediate but there entry test is far more competitive people from all over pakistan sit for test and they select those who are fast and good and compitant too time.

then aftr the selection they too cut people at interview and the remaining ones will only be admitted.

for the question of infrastructure..

currently IBA is having good infrastructure and i guess till mid of 2013. They will develop even more better. construction work fr football ground, gym, small sitting areas and other big buildings is going on currently.

a score of 1900 + of sat 1 will allow u to ommit the entry test of Iba but still u have to go for interview,. they will judge u there.

Iba is far better and wiser option I will say. Is ranked second in universities currently offering business programs according to hecs ranking.(y)

My advice is to go for lums as well that if unfortunately u may not get into iba u will be have lums left.

and for the hostel thing ... I donot want to misguide u as I donot know any thing about it.

Reaction score
and yes the question for that is sat 1 better or admission test I will say that admission test is easy if compared to sat 1
but again if u have time and u can afford sat 1 papr I would say, give that. As if u will succeed u will ommit test. if not then u have to sit for test but at that time as ur aware of sat1 so u will find it much much easy to tackle with.

One more thing If by chance u may not be able to cross their passing criteria in test then u have to wait for the next year so better to give sat 1. so that no tension of getting fail in test. then u just have to pass the inerview at time of admission. (y)

Reaction score
visit ibas two campuses and you will soon find out about infrastructure you were talking about :) i am not discouraging you but opting lums out for iba in my opinion is a crazy decision , a good university has one campus (i.e aku,lums,giki,king edward) even if it is a multi campus(nuces ,nust) it should never have two campuses in one city shows quality that they just didnt get enough space or they will built university where ever they find a space ....my opinion lums all the way
Well this clearly shows that u dont know a thing about IBA :D
Infrastructure is being developed at a huge pace,with state-of-the-art facilities.
I have visited both campuses quite alot of times,and did my research before i took my decision,While to answer that 2 camouses-thingie..Please check out IBA's history,Its a public degree awarding institute NOT a 'University'.
And please do read about this too.."IBA is the oldest business school outside North America"..That will answer your point..k they will build university anywhere..IBA was upgraded in 1994 and until then was a part of KU. So when IBA was built it had a huge place (it still does have a huge area) and they are located in places which were once outside KHI (Main campus) and also within the downtown of the city in Saddar.( City Campus)
I have currently xperienced the selection process of both,LUMS and IBA. Believe mee to get into IBA seems HELL difficult!
And I am sticking to my decision,soon IBA will be ranked among the top 100 global business schools.

Reaction score
And btw AKU is also building ANOTHER campus in karachi for its Faculty of Arts and Sciences at Education City,Khi.
Whereas KSBL,the newly established world class business school is building its BOTH campuses at Karachi hy..If lLUMS doesn't build another campus it does not make it a better university,though LUMS is the best for MBA,but for undergraduate IBA is the best.
http://www.ksbl.org/campus/city-campus/
http://www.ksbl.org/campus/main-campus/
http://www.aku.edu/collegesschoolsa...n/Pages/facultyofartsandsciencespakistan.aspx
http://www.iba.edu.pk/News/Strategic_Direction.html

Reaction score
zack 35: bro i am in a similiar position as yours.. this year i applied both to lums and IBA.. but at the end i chose IBA.. what do u think that have i made the correct decision? Is the BBA degree of IBA better than the BS accounting and finance/ BS mangement degree of LUMS? Plz guide..

Reaction score
zack 35: bro i am in a similiar position as yours.. this year i applied both to lums and IBA.. but at the end i chose IBA.. what do u think that have i made the correct decision? Is the BBA degree of IBA better than the BS accounting and finance/ BS mangement degree of LUMS? Plz guide..
u have not asked to me but still i would like to conclude. :D

I have heard that bba so far is not a universal degree. No other country offers this thing. Only PAkistan and some othrs I guess offer such degree. The real businees management degree is MBA. BBA is something the essence of all, like in bba U are to study some economics, macro economy, book keeping, mathematics and things like that. So We can say that a student of BBA is much more capable for doing different tasks. so company will hire a student of such capability moe then compared to the one of who is bs eco, maths cs and others. although no doubt the one with bs eco. is having much more knowlegde in eco. then compared to the one having bba, but stil the fear is that he is ionly in eco. where as the one with bba is far more talentd in handling diff. situations.

SO the possibility of hiring the one with such abilities increases .

LuMs is a uni of standard world wide I think that i the only reason Lums do not offer BBA program It just offers bs eco which is regongnized world wide.