• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

IBA or LUMS

Reaction score
thnx leadingguy for the info.. so my decision is correct.. btw can u plz guide me on the market value of BBA? and r u in lums or IBA?

Reaction score
thnx leadingguy for the info.. so my decision is correct.. btw can u plz guide me on the market value of BBA? and r u in lums or IBA?
I m not on any of the uni. yes I gave the test of IBa bt want to go for engineering. If I failed to make my way in any engineering uni. of my choice then I will switch to IBA. I.A next year.

Reaction score
zack 35: bro i am in a similiar position as yours.. this year i applied both to lums and IBA.. but at the end i chose IBA.. what do u think that have i made the correct decision? Is the BBA degree of IBA better than the BS accounting and finance/ BS mangement degree of LUMS? Plz guide..
You chose absolutely ryt.Look lums has great MBA programme but it doesnt offer a BBA,which is a degree that teaches u nearly vrything u need to tackle various different probs in a business organixation.
I did some research on this and then took my decision,IBA has real strategy plus it offers a really market oriented degree in an affordable fees.Its a really relevant degree career wise as well.
Recently IBA graduates were the most hired graduates (higher than lums) this trend is xpected to continue as IBA embarks on its plan.
LUMS is the best though for MBA.It offers BSc Management sciences,Economics etc only in undergrad.

Reaction score
u have not asked to me but still i would like to conclude. :D

I have heard that bba so far is not a universal degree. No other country offers this thing. Only PAkistan and some othrs I guess offer such degree. The real businees management degree is MBA. BBA is something the essence of all, like in bba U are to study some economics, macro economy, book keeping, mathematics and things like that. So We can say that a student of BBA is much more capable for doing different tasks. so company will hire a student of such capability moe then compared to the one of who is bs eco, maths cs and others. although no doubt the one with bs eco. is having much more knowlegde in eco. then compared to the one having bba, but stil the fear is that he is ionly in eco. where as the one with bba is far more talentd in handling diff. situations.

SO the possibility of hiring the one with such abilities increases .

LuMs is a uni of standard world wide I think that i the only reason Lums do not offer BBA program It just offers bs eco which is regongnized world wide.
Totally agreed!

Reaction score
opinions do vary but this is my opinion i know many students who failed szabist and got into iba ,none of lse's failure gets into lums a, i have heard iba is building all those grounds and gyms since years no they are going to built any, even when i was giving entry test i heard all that, their city campus sucks there arent any lecture halls there are just class rooms ,main campus is ku property no lecture halls there too ,only upgrading i see in iba is increase in intake each year(for a fact not students from allover pakistan give iba as it is in karachi 90%of applicants are karachites ,hec rates lums with 50 above points ,iba has is about 20 behind lums and just 1 point above iqra university is iqra university good enough??? i have seen their hostels trust me girl you would be disappointed when you see them ...mostly iba students have complex with lums students they all know for a fact none of iba rejecties gets into lums but plenty of lums rejecties get into iba leave alone lums you will find cbn szabist university rejecties in iba even...iba is good yes still second best but lums is way ahead i am from neither of them for a fact and i my experience is more than you i know about all the history of iba ,but seriously thats all history within 20 years of its creation lums has beaten iba whole and soly period ....

Reaction score
You chose absolutely ryt.Look lums has great MBA programme but it doesnt offer a BBA,which is a degree that teaches u nearly vrything u need to tackle various different probs in a business organixation.
I did some research on this and then took my decision,IBA has real strategy plus it offers a really market oriented degree in an affordable fees.Its a really relevant degree career wise as well.
Recently IBA graduates were the most hired graduates (higher than lums) this trend is xpected to continue as IBA embarks on its plan.
LUMS is the best though for MBA.It offers BSc Management sciences,Economics etc only in undergrad.
your reply is quite unmatured check world's top business school see what they offer bba or ba? see what london school of economics,harvard business school etc offer ...

Reaction score
your reply is quite unmatured check world's top business school see what they offer bba or ba? see what london school of economics,harvard business school etc offer ...
Maybe jtna u brag utnaa u dont have the knowledge and lacks maturity and an ability to understand what I wrote.
With all due respect please read my post again.I was being Pakistan specific,and i didn't compare IBA with Harvard or JBS.It would be foolhardy to do so..which u did..A BBA degree is quite relevant career wise and a combination of BBA and MBA really gives u an edge.
Plus I dont get you..I dont know a single person who cleared IBA's test but failed to at Szabist and IOBM.It would be wise for you to please research a bit then brag about things.
IBA has progressed really well in few years.Like i said had it been a few years ago till 2010 I would have gone to lums.But now IBA is the best..And please dont follow HEC's rankings so closely..Becox obviously its quite doubtful.
And that IBA students have complex..Err I was under the impression you dont belong to any of these universities,yet u claim such things? IBA mai jaanaaa is HELL difficult now,I recently experienced the admission processes of them both. And I did my research..

Reaction score
thanxx guys i will give SAt for LUms @ IBA,,just pray that i get into one of these.Can someone tell me at which month can we register for IBA's admission test....I wanted to do engineering since my core subjects in Alevel are physics,che,maths but as in pakistan the scope of engineering for girls is less so i am opting for bba in finance....any opinions will be appreciated.One more thing.....will accounting be easy for me..or isit hard.

Reaction score
IBA's registration for applying begins from January and its test is conducted in June.
While LUMS' begins in November and the test is conducted in February.

Reaction score
Maybe jtna u brag utnaa u dont have the knowledge and lacks maturity and an ability to understand what I wrote.
With all due respect please read my post again.I was being Pakistan specific,and i didn't compare IBA with Harvard or JBS.It would be foolhardy to do so..which u did..A BBA degree is quite relevant career wise and a combination of BBA and MBA really gives u an edge.
Plus I dont get you..I dont know a single person who cleared IBA's test but failed to at Szabist and IOBM.It would be wise for you to please research a bit then brag about things.
IBA has progressed really well in few years.Like i said had it been a few years ago till 2010 I would have gone to lums.But now IBA is the best..And please dont follow HEC's rankings so closely..Becox obviously its quite doubtful.
And that IBA students have complex..Err I was under the impression you dont belong to any of these universities,yet u claim such things? IBA mai jaanaaa is HELL difficult now,I recently experienced the admission processes of them both. And I did my research..
yet again your are getting hyper for no reason dude why you are proving that your decision was right? you dont need to prove it to anyone ,iba is not best and if you have guts you should accept it ,even if iba is not best that doesnot mean you cant be more successful than a lums students university is not everything.....Yeas hec ranking is doubtful but that doesnot mean two university withgap of about 20 points and yet you are saying that the university with lesser points is better ,dude come on we arent blind here !! and about those students who failed cbm and szabist and got into iba i personally know 3 szabist failures into iba inbox me i will give you their names they might be in fourth year now .....and about the fact that i dont belong to these universities than man you still dont know me :),peace out i have said enough on it now for me lums is way ahead of iba

Reaction score
Talha man these survey again lol iba would win because it has more graduates to vote for it ,i can show you 10 having lums at one so ...

Reaction score
yet again your are getting hyper for no reason dude why you are proving that your decision was right? you dont need to prove it to anyone ,iba is not best and if you have guts you should accept it ,even if iba is not best that doesnot mean you cant be more successful than a lums students university is not everything.....Yeas hec ranking is doubtful but that doesnot mean two university withgap of about 20 points and yet you are saying that the university with lesser points is better ,dude come on we arent blind here !! and about those students who failed cbm and szabist and got into iba i personally know 3 szabist failures into iba inbox me i will give you their names they might be in fourth year now .....and about the fact that i dont belong to these universities than man you still dont know me :),peace out i have said enough on it now for me lums is way ahead of iba
LOL :D
I cant help you if you cant accept some hard facts :D
I have said enuff.Just research dude before you brag stuff.
And luk i said i accept lums was the best till 2010.Not now..HEC rankings are quite doubtful its a generally accepted fact.

Reaction score
Talha Leave it yar..Ppl still think IBA is behind,after so many changes that are taking place and have taken place,they are quoting stuff which are years old,not recent facts ;)

Reaction score
STOP fighting over a stupid topic ... which uni is better and which is not ... people with an iba or lums could go unemployed , and people with a degree from a uni of absolutely low level of reputation COULD end up getting a better job .. im afraid to say but thats how it is going on in Pakistan from a long long time ... in the end as we say ... bande ki qismat par hai ..making it to any uni is not a big deal , making out of it with a good gpa is ... if u can do that with IBA OR LUMS , you sir are great ! .... fighting over here wont give u any jobs :)

Reaction score
i just stated my opinion sorry if anyone got hurt by saying lums is better i didnt mean to say iba grad cant excel if you are good at what you do you will never regret going to any university i was just stating the fact what my many iba friends say that lums students get more oppurtunities lets end this here