• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ICT practical 2011 session

Reaction score
Um, I was wondering if anyone knows what's new and difficult which is expected to come in may/june 2011 paper 2 and/or paper 3...in paper 1 I expect (everyone i can say :p ) that they're going to ask more on internet developments, bluray , bluetooth etc.

Reaction score
Paper 1: System analysis, Effect of ict, Expert system and the ways in which ict is used (robot and simulation stuff) are always the hot topics for cambridge IGCSE exams ;)

Reaction score
This ix the stuff that changed from the 2010 syllabus to the 2011 syllabus, so I expect there to be questions on these:

Section 1
There is a new learning outcome:
g) describe recent developments in ICT

Section 2
The description of Chip readers and PIN pads has been updated to read:
Payment cards, ID cards, door control systems, public transport tickets

The description of Optical Character Reader has been updated slightly to read:
Inputting text to a computer ready for processing by another software package such
as word processors, spreadsheets, databases etc.

The description of Light pen has been updated slightly to read:
Where desktop space is limited, it is used instead of a mouse or for drawing
applications where a graphics tablet might be too big.

Section 3
The description of DVD RAM has been updated to read:
Same properties as DVD RW but quicker access and data can be overwritten more
easily. Similar to floppies in nature but has 3000– 6000 times more storage and uses
optical technology.

HD DVD has been removed from the syllabus

The description of Blu-ray has been updated to read:
Capacities of 25Gb, 50Gb and 100 Gb. Used for storing films (movies). 25Gb equates
to 2 hrs HDTV, 13hrs standard definition TV. It is possible to playback video on a disc

Reaction score
thank u guys..."burntdjamp", ur reply was really helpful, mmm, u know anything about practicals?

Reaction score
You will get paper 3 on your exam date, this forum is not to pass on cheats for people, you ask a question and you get an answer, NO CHEATING.

Paper 3 is easy, study hard and you will score well.