• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

IF anyone arrives late for paper at the centre..

Reaction score
Hey guys.
I had economics as level paper today. but unfortunately due to location problem , i had difficulty in reaching centre on time... the paper starting time was 9 am and i reached at 9:30am. Now tell me people is it wise not to allow me sit for paper, or there no such rule in cie. should I report this centre and ask for repayent of my money from british council?
PS: Many of my friends told me that if someone arrives late at their centre , they allow them to give paper...
please help .. :(((

Reaction score
normally they don't. but if u call ur school or management to talk with them then they do.

Reaction score
Bushrafareed said:
Hey guys.
I had economics as level paper today. but unfortunately due to location problem , i had difficulty in reaching centre on time... the paper starting time was 9 am and i reached at 9:30am. Now tell me people is it wise not to allow me sit for paper, or there no such rule in cie. should I report this centre and ask for repayent of my money from british council?
PS: Many of my friends told me that if someone arrives late at their centre , they allow them to give paper...

Bushra,

I have read in the CIE examination center guid that they SHOULD allow late candidates, and not allow anyone reaching after the time of examination!!!

u should find out the guide yourself and write to CIE!

seriously!!

Reaction score
It also depends on your reason for why you are late and in your case you have to difficulty with finding the location. I know someone who was late too and he was not allowed to go in despite being late 20 minutes. However, there was another person who came late by 5-10 minutes and that person was allowed to go in but she won't get the extra time. You have to ask your invigilator.

Reaction score
last year i was late for 30 min, and they didn't allow me to do it, in the paper its written that its maximum 30 min , after that no1 is allowed

Reaction score
there's a "key time" within which you have to arrive... the details are on the venue notice. and reporting time is 8:00 so you weren't half an hour late, you were one and a half hour late...

Reaction score
Thats nothing .. Last year we got an invigilator who seated us 1 hr 30 min b4 the paper.. 1 of ma frnd came 1 hr EARLIER and he had to write a report as to why he came late.. had nai hai kya??

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum!!!

well bushra...u said u had ur paper in the morning! now tell what happened..u gave it or not?? time's gone already...so no point in asking now what to do ;)

btw u should manage ur time in such a way that u r nt late and reach on time...!!

Reaction score
Well, I was late for my biology practical. Reporting time was 8:00am, the exam started at 09:00am and I got there at about 09:20am. They still let me take it and they just asked that if I needed extra time I'd have to file a report. But my head teacher came with so maybe that's why they let me in?

Reaction score
Math_angel said:
Assalamoalaikum!!!

well bushra...u said u had ur paper in the morning! now tell what happened..u gave it or not?? time's gone already...so no point in asking now what to do ;)

btw u should manage ur time in such a way that u r nt late and reach on time...!!

Well obviously , I wasn't allowed to give paper that's why I am asking such question. The thing is , this venue was new for me and even though I have been there twice, but the difference was that time i went with my father and this time i went with my driver. My driver being unaware about the location wasn't able to search the venue.I left home at 7:30 am and till 9:00 we kept on searching. Just to let you know , my venue is very far away from my home , I was really tensed at that moment , I just started crying and called my parents via ,my driver's cell .
My parents immediately left home and reached the place where i was at about 9:15 , and at exactly 9:30 i reached da women degree college, thought they let my enter and asked me reason for being late , but they didn't allow me to sit for paper. Even when my parents begged them so much, what can we do about these heartless people :(
So this became the worst day of my life..
I agree reaching not on time is totally my problem , but the thing is why at at centres students were allowed to enter enough though they reached at 9:45 am PS: I know a center where this happened today. This is so unfair :( . I am really sad.

Reaction score
At The End Of The Day .. Its All Upto On The Invigilators Discretion ( I Meant Decision =P ) !! But Dont Worry .. Jus Tough Luck >> Some People Have It Outside Some Have It On The Inside .. So Cheer Up =)

Reaction score
hey thts really unfair..............i dnt knw why british council invigilators try to b so efficient for no reason. and they were wrong they should've allowed you and i think you must do something about this.........just dont give in to these ppl.

Reaction score
zahraahmed said:
hey thts really unfair..............i dnt knw why british council invigilators try to b so efficient for no reason. and they were wrong they should've allowed you and i think you must do something about this.........just dont give in to these ppl.
Yeah I'm going going to write to british council, I hope they do something... :)
thanks anyway..

Reaction score
ur welcome!!! i hate it when they get soooooooo unfair u know back in o levels they gave me a 83% in english tht used to be a B in those days i knew they had done something wrong so i got it re checked and then they told me u got an A at 97% i was like omg!!! who the hell deducted my marks all for nothing...........y im telling all this is to tell u just dont give in to these ppl!!! just believe in yourself and inshAllah you'll excel.

Reaction score
In IG exams, physics p1 exactly, 4 kids from our school were late couple of years ago, they reached together about 30 mins into the paper, and they let them sit, and gave them extra time aswell! because when they reached their, he asked for our VP's number and talked to her! she said that the location was pretty confusing so they got lost! he allowed and let them take the exam with extra time..
I am talkign about saudi arabi!
Don't know much about Paksitan, but hopefully they will help you out, some invigilators act tough for no reason, morons!

Reaction score
over here they try to show their authority as if theyre some VIP's they behave very rudely and try to be efficient for no reason for example they will tell u to answer on the answer booklet even when the question paper has a few lined pages and instrusts u to answer on them and then move to the booklet..........they wont let u go to bathroom until the paper starts no matter how much serious the situation is whether its an emergency or not they just dont care

Reaction score
u know i reached for the examination at about 1.15 and paper had to start at 2....i was there searching for the hall...i had a clash so i was confused...the British council officer there said to me that he wont allow me inside because i was deliberately wasting time.l...now there i wanted to give a slap on his face...though eventually i argued and pushed myself inside..

they are bunch of loosers

Reaction score
Bushrafareed said:
Hey guys.
tell your school about it
but CIE will never pay u back your amount!

Reaction score
Ok. This is a real serious issue. I guess you should have talked to the head supervisor but still your logic was simple and understandable. You should write to the CIE directly. British Council does have limited liability and they have to respect that. You should contact CIE office and let them know and see what they can do.
Your hard work and determination should not be over looked like this.
Good Luck.

P.S: concentrate on your rest of the examinations so that you don't screw up the whole session.

Reaction score
zahraahmed said:
ur welcome!!! i hate it when they get soooooooo unfair u know back in o levels they gave me a 83% in english tht used to be a B in those days i knew they had done something wrong so i got it re checked and then they told me u got an A at 97% i was like omg!!! who the hell deducted my marks all for nothing...........y im telling all this is to tell u just dont give in to these ppl!!! just believe in yourself and inshAllah you'll excel.
Yeah heard about such cases. I always used to have high views for cies , but after this experience, i believe that world is just another unfair place... :S