• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

If I rechecked my IGCSE exam can I get a worse grade ?

Reaction score
I got A in Mathematics and Biology and I feel like rechecking both marks !! so can I for example get a B or a C for example ?? please answer ??

Reaction score
I got A in Mathematics and Biology and I feel like rechecking both marks !! so can I for example get a B or a C for example ?? please answer ??

After re-checking you can end up with the same grade, a higher grade or even a lower one. However, getting a lower grade is rare. You can go for a re-check if you're sure of your attempt and think that you deserved a better grade than what you have got.

Reaction score
After re-checking you can end up with the same grade, a higher grade or even a lower one. However, getting a lower grade is rare. You can go for a re-check if you're sure of your attempt and think that you deserved a better grade than what you have got.

ok look In biology I felt that I did well in paper 6 ( I think I got above 28/40) and paper 1 ( I think about 36/40 ) and in paper 3 it felt easy and good ( maybe I lost maximum out of 50%, 15% ) so do u advice me for a recheck in Biology !!!??? and in maths i will forget about it.. ( since I got 170/200 and A* is 174/200 ) !!! 4 marks missing ONLY !!!

Reaction score
ok look In biology I felt that I did well in paper 6 ( I think I got above 28/40) and paper 1 ( I think about 36/40 ) and in paper 3 it felt easy and good ( maybe I lost maximum out of 50%, 15% ) so do u advice me for a recheck in Biology !!!??? and in maths i will forget about it.. ( since I got 170/200 and A* is 174/200 ) !!! 4 marks missing ONLY !!!

I think you can go for it, then.