• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Igcse accounting 11??

Reaction score
It DID say omitted from the ( drawings account ) cash withdrew for 200$ and since it didn't say it was wrongly entered in the cash book or was omitted, therefore it's correctly entered, and yes the owner's account is called capital and we do write drawings in the capital account, but not ( owner's name ) account. Anyway it's only 1 mark for the journal entry to correct the error because you only got the second side wrong, I have paper 2 tomorrow too, good luck to both of us :)

Reaction score
It DID say omitted from the ( drawings account ) cash withdrew for 200$ and since it didn't say it was wrongly entered in the cash book or was omitted, therefore it's correctly entered, and yes the owner's account is called capital and we do write drawings in the capital account, but not ( owner's name ) account. Anyway it's only 1 mark for the journal entry to correct the error because you only got the second side wrong, I have paper 2 tomorrow too, good luck to both of us :)
Yea I get it now thank yu so much :) btw can yu pls answer this questions for me it's oct/nov 2011 22 last questions last part. Why is there no effect on the current assets?

Reaction score
Yea I get it now thank yu so much :) btw can yu pls answer this questions for me it's oct/nov 2011 22 last questions last part. Why is there no effect on the current assets?
Because at 31 July 2011 when you compare the cost and NRV, the cost is lower and in the heading of the question it said that he took the cost, and since it's lower therefore it's correct, but if he took the NRV in the last part, the current assets would be overstated by the difference which is 210

Reaction score
Yea that transaction was completely omitted? So I did debit drawings and credit Hans lee or whatever the name was.
it should be credit cash, and this error cannot be adjusted in the suspense account, because omitted transactions do not affect the agreement of the trial balance

Reaction score
Because at 31 July 2011 when you compare the cost and NRV, the cost is lower and in the heading of the question it said that he took the cost, and since it's lower therefore it's correct, but if he took the NRV in the last part, the current assets would be overstated by the difference which is 210
Yea okay thank yu and this is because we are supposed to take the lower of cost or NRV right? And we took the lower of cost I get it but then if we took NRV current assets will be overstated so why not understated now?? Cause we took the lower value?

Reaction score
thanks and same to you!

Reaction score
Yea okay thank yu and this is because we are supposed to take the lower of cost or NRV right? And we took the lower of cost I get it but then if we took NRV current assets will be overstated so why not understated now?? Cause we took the lower value?
Because the prudence concept states that stock should be valued at lower of cost and NRV, which means that you compare them, take the lower figure to the income statement and balance sheet, but if we took the NRV that means that the current assets will be more than should be by the difference

Reaction score
Because the prudence concept states that stock should be valued at lower of cost and NRV, which means that you compare them, take the lower figure to the income statement and balance sheet, but if we took the NRV that means that the current assets will be more than should be by the difference
Okay got it :) thank you I'm so sorry can you pls explain why gross profit is decreasing also?? :$

Reaction score
just saying omitted means omitted that it's omitted from one account ?
does the examiner have to mention completely omitted so it would affect the agreement ?