• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Igcse Ict M/J 2012 Paper 1

Answer to the expert system question asked in the paper of M/J 2012

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Please does anyone knows wat is the answer to the expert system question that was asked in the paper yesterday

Reaction score
Nurse enters symptoms of the patients, the expert system uses its inference engine to match the keywords to the knowledge base, those with the highest matching words are displayed first. In short nurse kid able to find out the disease which is affecting the patient

aom

Reaction score
Question about the patient are asked on the input screen (1)
The Patient types in the answers to the questions (1)
The Patient types in the symptoms (1)
The inference engine compares data with the Knowledge base (1)
According to the Rules based (1)
The output screen shows the diagnoses / OR information telling about the situation of the patient / OR the medicine the patient must buy.

Reaction score
Nurse enters symptoms of the patients, the expert system uses its inference engine to match the keywords to the knowledge base, those with the highest matching words are displayed first. In short nurse kid able to find out the disease which is affecting the patient
they asked for components of it not how it works

Reaction score
t
Question about the patient are asked on the input screen (1)
The Patient types in the answers to the questions (1)
The Patient types in the symptoms (1)
The inference engine compares data with the Knowledge base (1)
According to the Rules based (1)
The output screen shows the diagnoses / OR information telling about the situation of the patient / OR the medicine the patient must buy.
they asked for components of it you were meant to write the stuff its made up off not how

aom

Reaction score
t

they asked for components of it you were meant to write the stuff its made up off not how
No my friend tthey asked how it works !!! sorry to tell u that but that what they asked

Reaction score
No my friend tthey asked how it works !!! sorry to tell u that but that what they asked
i think you shouldve read it properly :p if i remember right it asked components but i mentioned what its made of , how its made and how its worked so i think its fine

Reaction score
guys can anybody tell me how is the grade boundary for ict calculated(for an A**)i did some stupid mistakes :( i mean in the threshold its written that the total marks for the syllubus is 300 ..how come?? it should be 260

aom

Reaction score
guys can anybody tell me how is the grade boundary for ict calculated(for an A**)i did some stupid mistakes :( i mean in the threshold its written that the total marks for the syllubus is 300 ..how come?? it should be 260
300 4 the old one but now its 260.... if u want tell me what u expect in each component and i'll tell u if it is a star or not :) good luck in your coming exams.... focus and pray 4 me i am doing AS rhis year :'( along with ICT igcse

Reaction score
300 4 the old one but now its 260.... if u want tell me what u expect in each component and i'll tell u if it is a star or not :) good luck in your coming exams.... focus and pray 4 me i am doing AS rhis year :'( along with ICT igcse
im an AS student too :) but i didnt do ict igcse last year ..im expecting 75 in p2 and 73 in p3 and 80-85 in p1 ..good luck in ur exams and inshallah you get all what u want...

Reaction score
The expert system question told us how the doctor could use it to help diagnose an illness....not the patient typing in .
Tresholds possibilities:
P1:74/100-A ; 86/100-A*
P2:66/80-A ; 76/80-A*
P3:63/80-A ; 72/80-A*

Reaction score
You had to mention the components (ie. knowledge base, inference engine and user interface) and mention how the he/she will use them.

What about the microprocessor question? What sensors would you use and what did you write to explain how the system works?

Reaction score
You had to mention the components (ie. knowledge base, inference engine and user interface) and mention how the he/she will use them.

What about the microprocessor question? What sensors would you use and what did you write to explain how the system works?
I wrote movement, sound, pressure sensor......what was the answer for the one which usually contain short posts? blogs or wikis ? :)

Reaction score
I wrote movement, sound, pressure sensor......what was the answer for the one which usually contain short posts? blogs or wikis ? :)
I wrote the same things for sensors then I crossed out movement and wrote light (as in a lazer beam) but that's probably wrong :/

Blogs will usually be short, what did you write?

Reaction score
I wrote the same things for sensors then I crossed out movement and wrote light (as in a lazer beam) but that's probably wrong :/

Blogs will usually be short, what did you write?
no the light sensor is also correct i also wrote light before but i crossed it out..most of the students with me did light :)
i did it wiki but i know thats incorrect

Reaction score
no the light sensor is also correct i also wrote light before but i crossed it out..most of the students with me did light :)
i did it wiki but i know thats incorrect
It's okay buddy :) That was just for one mark anyway
Let's focus on the other exams and do better on them