• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

IGCSE May/June result inquiry.. Please assist

Reaction score
Hello everyone
As you all know the results for IGCSE May/June 2014 examination came out today and i in particular was surprised..

I appeared for 3 exams
English 0500
Global prospective
and
French second Language

Now i got these grades
English - C(c) (marks 66)
G.P - A
French- C(c)

I don't understand my English grade, my exam went amazingly well and i never make grammatical mistakes
That's why i would like to know how are these papers checked

As the person in our class who received the highest grade lets say "abc" has A grade
and "abc" is the favorite of all our teachers

Also our English teacher who believed in me left our school, the other English teachers who i don't love this "abc" guy
Also our Principal loves him too !!

We are 7 students in the class, surprisingly us 6(leaving "abc") are given kind of same marks. Only favorite student "abc" has A, rest of us are C and below

Now it isn't like he is very genius, he and i have got almost same marks in every English prep. exam or test. But now in real exams there is a huge difference.
I think that my school has a role in the marks we all got

I am definitely going for a "Result inquiry" And i will not settle for anything lower than "A", if they decide to give me a "B" i will go for a Re-test then.
As he and i are almost the same at English so if he can get an A why can't i.

That's why i wanted to know who checks these Exams and where they are checked.

Thanks
and sorry for such a detailed question
Please help me

Reaction score
Guys this isn't the first time
our teachers have done partiality before too ! by giving this guy more marks

Reaction score
I KNOW CHEM AS LEVEL I BUSTED ASS ND ENDED UP WIYTH Bad grade who cheks these exams i wanna know my mistak2es someone clARIFY

Reaction score
One more thing
when i asked my principal about my grade, she told me to leave it
and that C is pretty good, this made me more suspicious
As she know he and i get almost the same marks

Reaction score
Guys, I'm in 9th.
I was surfing though the CIE website and I saw this section called forecast grades. There it was written that those are the grades submitted by the centre for a particular qualification, component and candidate, though it's not compulsory for centres to do that. Now my English tuition teacher(who has been a CIE examiner) told me that it is kind of forbidden to examiners to give candidates grades higher than the forecast grades, I feel this is the case and because of partiality abc was given better forecast grades than you by your principal or teacher.

Note: CIE does not ask for any proof (test papers/test marks/etc) from the centre to set the forecast grade.