• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

IMPORTANT: FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO DO MEDICAL IN PAKISTAN

Did you understand the procedure and how important is your olevels?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
What about the overseas students do we get any advantage of giving Urdu, Pakistan studies and Islamiyat?
no you dont get any advantage
although you have reserve seats in goverenment medical colleges (but even there you have to compete against other foreigners) although the number of marks you need to get is considerably lower. Im not sure but ive heard King Edward for foreigners was near early 80% aggregate.

BUT your fee is like 10 lacs a year. Focus on your olevels, they are very very important. Then on your alevels. Then your mcat after ur alevels (see file atached)

Attachments

• MBBS GUIDE.pptx
    125 KB · Views: 6
Reaction score
no you dont get any advantage
.....your fee is like 10 lacs a year.(see file atached)
That's kinda depressing :/
Oh I remember, I heard that overseas can apply for local seats too (in Sindh) So in that case don't you think we'll have to take 8 subjects too?
Thanx for the information.
JazakAllah :)

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Oh I remember, I heard that overseas can apply for local seats too (in Sindh) So in that case don't you think we'll have to take 8 subjects too?
AsSalamoAlaikum Wr Wb..

Well, if you're appearing for both O and A levels from abroad, you DONT need those 3 subjects...only what will count is English, Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics from O'level...and Chemistry, Physics and Biology(for medical)/Maths(for engineering).

Reaction score
AsSalamoAlaikum Wr Wb..

Well, if you're appearing for both O and A levels from abroad, you DONT need those 3 subjects...only what will count is English, Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics from O'level...and Chemistry, Physics and Biology(for medical)/Maths(for engineering).
wa'alikum assalam

Reaction score
ASA,
i did my O levels abroad and am doing A-Levels in Pakistan , does that give me any advantage ? or will i be treated as a local student ?

Reaction score
A friend of mine came from a foreign country and he was told to give these 3 subjects. IM NOT SURE WHETHER HE WAS A NATIONAL OF THAT COUNTRY, SO MAYBE YOU DONT HAVE TO GIVE THESE 3 SUBJECTS.

IBCC equivalence says, "i) Overseas Based Examinations: Five subjects including English, Mathematics and three electives."

so yes you may not have to give them. BUT DO CALL THEM. YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN THEIR POLICY MIGHT CHANGE

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
A friend of mine came from a foreign country and he was told to give these 3 subjects. IM NOT SURE WHETHER HE WAS A NATIONAL OF THAT COUNTRY, SO MAYBE YOU DONT HAVE TO GIVE THESE 3 SUBJECTS.

IBCC equivalence says, "i)Overseas Based Examinations: Five subjects including English, Mathematics and three electives."

so yes you may not have to give them. BUT DO CALL THEM. YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN THEIR POLICY MIGHT CHANGE
As till now...it's this rule.
I know, cuz I personaly had this done...appeared for both A and O lvlz abroad..

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
did u give pakst, isl and urdu?
i did give them separately...although I didn't submit it to the IBCC, neither did they count them...
It's clearly mentioned in one of their docs that if candidate appears for both a and o lvlz from abroad, then o lvls only 5 subjects needed english, maths, chemistry, physics and bio/computers

Reaction score
Do you have a Pakistani passport? Because Im from the USA but I had to take to take all 3 of them as they were compulsory in my school and I had a Pakistani passport. So yeah, if you want an admission in a university in Pakistan, you need to give all 3 of them.

Reaction score
i did give them separately...although I didn't submit it to the IBCC, neither did they count them...
It's clearly mentioned in one of their docs that if candidate appears for both a and o lvlz from abroad, then o lvls only 5 subjects needed english, maths, chemistry, physics and bio/computers
if you dont have a pakistani passport, that is

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
if you dont have a pakistani passport, that is
No that's not the case. Just matters from where you appeared for the exams..I have a Pakistani passport..

Rule is, if you appeared for both O and A levels from abroad, you don't need those 3 subjects.