• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Improving Chat

Reaction score
Well honestly, I don't think that putting up a topic in the forum so people can talk about stuff is considered "Chat".
I consider it more as "Off-Topic".
Chat is usually when many users can talk at once and at the same time, and here are a few ideas for chatting.

1. Hamachi

It's a program that connects people together, so they can chat together or play certain online games with each other. To download, go to https://secure.logmein.com/products/ham ... nload.aspx and download the free version. After that, click on the big blue button in the program that logs you on, and choose a name that would appear to everyone who would talk to you. You can create your own networks for people to join, or join networks other people made. Currently, I made the networks XtremePapers 1, XtremePapers 2, and XtremePapers 3 (all have no passwords). Any member can make his own Hamachi Network, and no approval is required by the admin (however, if you want to make it an official network for the forum, you must ask the admin first). The program is very simple and easy to use, so don't worry about getting stuck!

2. Chatango
This is actually a website and not a program. Only the Admin can add this to the forum, and is best to be added to the forum widget (contact me for information on how to access that). To create a Chatango chat group for the forum, simply go to http://www.chatango.com/creategroup (I'm not sure whether you need to be a member or not, but to be able to add your own avatar and have your name always be the same, then you can register for free).

3. Chat Box
This is exclusive for Forumotion forums, such as this one. Only the admin can add the chatbox, and it's best to add it to the forum's homepage.

~ Kimo Force

Reaction score
I've actually used chatango before. It's very quick and easy. It would definitely make the best tool for open chat, hands down.

Reaction score
Chatango's great, but you need a really powerful internet equipped with Flash Player for your browser, otherwise it won't work. Many members will have troubles using it, since many still use the dial-up connection. Hamachi's great as well, and you don't need Flash Player to get it working. Have PlanetMaster check them all first, then he can decide which to use.

~ Kimo Force

Reaction score
I used to use chatango on 128kbps connection. I think the requirements and interface would appeal universally. However, hamachi is messy program when it comes to groups, also people have to install.