• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Information (and communication) technology [IT/ICT] - Practical {Access}

Reaction score
Okay, so guys there's this question in November 2006 IT paper - MS Access which says:

Select from all the data, only the phones:
• where the Make is Philips or Sendo or Alcatel
• sorted into ascending order of Make (with Alcatel at the top)
• showing only the fields Make, Model, Talk time, Standby time
Save this data in a form which can be imported into a text document

How do we do this question? I have absolutely no idea. Immediate help will be appreciated.

Reaction score
You gotta create a query by using the query wizard then you gotta type in the "true" values. So 2 rows under 'make', you'd type Philips, then go to the next row and type Senda and so on.. Then right underneath make, there should be an arrow bottom on the right. Click it and choose "Ascending". Then click the check boxes to choose which ever fields you want and which you dont.. If this wasn't enough, watch this video
Hope i helped

Reaction score
Right. The thing is I know how to make a Query but the question also asks us to save the data in a form which can be imported into a text document. How to do that? I tried doing it this way:
I right-clicked on the query (in the list of tables/queries/reports on the right hand 'All Tables' tab) and then clicked on Export and Word RTF file.
Is this the correct method?
Thanks!