• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Information needed regarding US Colleges

Reaction score
Hi,I am an o level student and wanted to ask that can i select Sociology instead of Chemistry.So then my Subject Combination Would Be:
Pakistan.Studies,Islamiyat,Urdu,English (I have given)
Maths,Physics,Computer,Sociology (I have to give in coming sessions)
As I am mainly interested in computer fields like hardware engineering,software engineering,computer sciences and graphic designing,I am only concerned about these fields,will these fields be closed if I drop Chemistry for US Colleges.Moreover according to my information only English,Maths,Physics and Computer and Sat1 are required for getting admission in computer fields in US College,am i right?Most important of all i am not asking about Pakistan Colleges and Universities as some people have misunderstood my question,so please guide me about US Colleges.As i will further study after my o levels in US Colleges and University.Please help me quickly as i have to decide subjects as i have to appear in coming sessions.Thanks :)

Reaction score
i had same problem i chose chemistry+physics+maths+addmaths. don't think maths and chemistry has nothing to do in computer. maths is basis of computers. and i have seen the syllabus of computer studies universities and there were many maths topics such as differential equations in there. if u want to broaden your field then chemistry is important. electronics is based on chemistry and physics.