• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

is a'level or Fsc better for MCAT?

Reaction score
I've got 8 A*s in O'level and want to go to K.E. or some other govt medical college in lahore. My 2 sisters did Fsc after O'levels and both have become doctors. They are saying that i should do Fsc because its easier and they can guide me better. But i want to do A'levels. Plus the new equivalence policy( 3 A*s=990, 3As= 975, 3Bs=945 ) is very enticing and the entry test has also been separated for A'levels. I want to ask 1) is a'level so tough that i may get Bs or Cs? and 2) is the new non-fsc MCAT eay and fair and from where to prepare for it? I"ve heard that material from all foreign boards (like edxcel) which are studied in pakistan comes in it. Please tell me urgently because I've to decide between a'levels and Fsc in a day or two.

Reaction score
imama said:
I've got 8 A*s in O'level and want to go to K.E. or some other govt medical college in lahore. My 2 sisters did Fsc after O'levels and both have become doctors. They are saying that i should do Fsc because its easier and they can guide me better. But i want to do A'levels. Plus the new equivalence policy( 3 A*s=990, 3As= 975, 3Bs=945 ) is very enticing and the entry test has also been separated for A'levels. I want to ask 1) is a'level so tough that i may get Bs or Cs? and 2) is the new non-fsc MCAT eay and fair and from where to prepare for it? I"ve heard that material from all foreign boards (like edxcel) which are studied in pakistan comes in it. Please tell me urgently because I've to decide between a'levels and Fsc in a day or two.
after ur superb result in olevels i must say u really have a bright chance with alevels, but both sides have their own pros and cons!!! on one side if u have to pass through the extremely difficult MCAT for alevels, u must remember scoring highl :) y in fsc particularly in purely cramming subjects like urdu is also not a piece of cake!!! As far as Alevels is concerned, don't worry it's easy, ofcourse you'll have to work harder than olevels but how one earth could one keep himself from working hard if he is mapping out for fsc??? howerver, as far as your brilliant result comprehends, i think that either side is equally good for you and your future is bright dude!!! best of luck. :)

Reaction score
a straight A* student can easily copw with the MCAT. i say u go in A levels.

Mhm

Reaction score
I really think after your brilliant result you should do A levels .... Why change the system and switch to Fsc when you're doing so well in this system! keep in mind that fsc has alot of other subjects like Islamiat Urdu pak. studies and English!!! Wy divide your attention to other subjects when you can complete your A levels with 3 basic subjects :) I'm sure no one wants to study Urdu and Pak.studies again :p

You should be able to do A levels and score A* if you work a little harder than you did in O levels . You have a very good chance of it :) And Mcat won't be hard for you .... Just keep your focus! And continue with A levels!

Best of luck

Reaction score
thnxxxx everyone...... :) but i m still afraid of the entry test because everyone says it was extremely tough and very few a'level students passed. can someone please tell me how really was a'level mcat this year and how to prepare for it?

Reaction score
a levels is much better than fsc for those having a o level background............fsc does not assure you a 100% admision in govt universities and if god forbid u dnt get a admision in medical university then youre all done,you have no other choice except for doing Bsc n Msc,as fsc is very difiicult for those who had been studying in o levels.while on the other hand if u opt for a levels and dont get an admision in a med university then still there are several other fields open for you like bio medics n all that.students from o levels have to study pak studies,islamiat,Urdu/eng literature which they consider as a burden on them,this is my personal experience,i took admision in Fsc n now im switichin back to a levels

Reaction score
A level all the way! especially for medical. Keep in mind on thing that through A level you will find difficulty having admission in government medical universities because they have quota system for a level students.