• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

is engineering good for girls

Reaction score
hey,i want to do electrical or computer science engineering but i heard that the scope for girls in the firld of engineering is limited.is this true or can u name some companies in pakistan where women(engineers) work??

regular user

<Awesome User>
Reaction score
hey,i want to do electrical or computer science engineering but i heard that the scope for girls in the firld of engineering is limited.is this true or can u name some companies in pakistan where women(engineers) work??

Well its true that scope for girls must be limited... I have a engineer cousin he might know about company names... But If you want advice I'd say go for computer science engg... the cool thing about it is that you can do free-lancing.. so you can work from the comfort of your home too if you want and when you want... :D
plus work is not physically exhausting... just a mental game.

Reaction score
You should think in terms of practicality in terms of the stages you will encounter in the rest of your life, whether you are happy working long hours in front of a computer with so many other things in life to look after, does your society has many gender stereotypes because in Pakistan there 'is' a male bias in such fields.

You should see it in terms of that too and then decide, additionally see the university degree requirements, choose the one that has courses of the right aptitude for you

Reaction score
anushey

In fields like electrical or computer u would have almost same scope as guys have.. but if u choose wrong fields which are un fitting girls like civil,mechanical, automotives etc, then there is going to be mess
Good thing is that grls got jobs easily coz they can work in low pays as compared to boys , so now a days companies are seeking this advantage of girls
My czn is a petroleum engineer fresh graduate and is working in B.P, all she do is some office works with some routine surveys in a good pay.

Reaction score
According to me, computer science, right now is one of the best field for girls, cant say much about EE.