• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Is it advisable to not appear for O level Chemistry paper? HELP!

Reaction score
Hi,
I have been studying for o level chemistry since tenth grade, and i have always been very bad at it. I don't know what to do, because no matter how hard i try, I don't improve in the subject. I have not done well in any of my school tests this year, as well as my mocks (barely passed with a 55/100). I am planning to not appear for the o level chemistry paper. Is this advisable? Will the UG grade appear on my certificate and mark-sheet? And will it affect my admission in colleges later?I heard somewhere that if i do not give a paper, it will appear on my mark-sheet, but not on my certificate. Is this true? Do colleges require you to give in your o level mark-sheet as well as your certificate during admission? I will be very grateful for any help offered. :)

Reaction score
Hi,
I have been studying for o level chemistry since tenth grade, and i have always been very bad at it. I don't know what to do, because no matter how hard i try, I don't improve in the subject. I have not done well in any of my school tests this year, as well as my mocks (barely passed with a 55/100). I am planning to not appear for the o level chemistry paper. Is this advisable? Will the UG grade appear on my certificate and mark-sheet? And will it affect my admission in colleges later?I heard somewhere that if i do not give a paper, it will appear on my mark-sheet, but not on my certificate. Is this true? Do colleges require you to give in your o level mark-sheet as well as your certificate during admission? I will be very grateful for any help offered. :)
are you in a levels..??

Reaction score
just give it a go, don't give up, you never know the curve may be so low you could atleast get a B! I'm sure you're not as bad as you say you are. Keep trying love x

Reaction score
Chemistry is a major subject so i really don't think you can skip it ( though confirm by someone would be helpful). See Chemistry isn't difficult at all. If you cant understand a topic, try again and again. For example when i sat down to do moles for the first time, i didn't get anything. But then i tried again a couple of times and now I'm so good at moles that i don't even touch them when preparing for even my exams or mocks. So just believe in yourself and work hard and Inshallah you'll ace it ;)

Reaction score
Chemistry is a major subject so i really don't think you can skip it ( though confirm by someone would be helpful). See Chemistry isn't difficult at all. If you cant understand a topic, try again and again. For example when i sat down to do moles for the first time, i didn't get anything. But then i tried again a couple of times and now I'm so good at moles that i don't even touch them when preparing for even my exams or mocks. So just believe in yourself and work hard and Inshallah you'll ace it ;)

I think I'll end up giving the exam. I've been practicing a lot lately, and have definitely seen an improvement... As the saying goes, practice makes perfect.. :p

I had a problem in moles too! It was practically IMPOSSIBLE for me to solve a question on it. I've become MUCH better at it though....Thanks for the advise! I really appreciate it :)

InshAllah, we all will do well. Is anyone else as nervous as me?

Reaction score
I think I'll end up giving the exam. I've been practicing a lot lately, and have definitely seen an improvement... As the saying goes, practice makes perfect.. :p

I had a problem in moles too! It was practically IMPOSSIBLE for me to solve a question on it. I've become MUCH better at it though....Thanks for the advise! I really appreciate it :)

InshAllah, we all will do well. Is anyone else as nervous as me?
I also did not get a single word of moles until I practiced them step by step and by using notes from here http://studyguide.pk/Notes/Chemistry/OLevelByAsad//THE MOLE CONCEPT.pdf
Just don't get nervous and practice all past paper questions with thorough reading of the book and Inshallah you will get a good grade