• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

is it good?

Reaction score
salam................wanted to ask that can we manage perfectly well with 3 subjects only

-maths
-physics
-chemistry

?????????? DOES THIS MEAN THAT WE CAN ONLY BE AN ENGINEER WITH THESE SUBJECTS AND THE DOORS FOR MEDICINE AND FINANCE ETC ARE CLOSED FOR US IF WE DONT TAKE ECONOMICS AND BIOLOGY? :unknown: :unknown: :unknown: :unknown:

Reaction score
well yeah it is absolutely true but there is a way but
First tell me are u talking abt giving these subs in A or O level then i ll tell u abt what u can be and u cant be with these subs so tell me !!

Reaction score
yeah then definately as u wont know abt any other subs other then these after doin A levels u cud do other subs only if u like give them as the university u will apply to will definately wanna look for the grade of the subject which u want in the university. For eg. if u apply for Medicine they will definately wanna know abt bio and then they will look for other subs so yeah and taking these subs helps u to understand the topics coming later in universities so it helps !!
so yeah unfortunately u wont be able to take other then engineering unless u wanna put ur carrer on the line.i say u add Bio and i guess since u gave it in O it will be easy so just add that 4 subs can easily be given in A levels not a problem !!

Reaction score
yep.........bio is another option ........... and how much is this easy or difficult? can an average candidate manage it? ...... asking generally

Reaction score
Silent Hunter said:
salam................wanted to ask that can we manage perfectly well with 3 subjects only

-maths
-physics
-chemistry

?????????? DOES THIS MEAN THAT WE CAN ONLY BE AN ENGINEER WITH THESE SUBJECTS AND THE DOORS FOR MEDICINE AND FINANCE ETC ARE CLOSED FOR US IF WE DONT TAKE ECONOMICS AND BIOLOGY? :unknown: :unknown: :unknown: :unknown:
with these you can only opt for Engineering !! :)

Reaction score
Silent Hunter said:
WHAT ABUT ECONOMICS DUDE? ........... by the way i din give economics in o levels
well the views that i have heard about Economics is that people say its understandable and more easier than physics or Chemistry !! and as for Bio If you have interest in the subject then it will be very easy for you !!

Reaction score
SalmanPakRocks said:
Silent Hunter said:
WHAT ABUT ECONOMICS DUDE? ........... by the way i din give economics in o levels
well the views that i have heard about Economics is that people say its understandable and more easier than physics or Chemistry !! and as for Bio If you have interest in the subject then it will be very easy for you !!
true!

Reaction score
First of all, opt for biology only if you want to apply into medicine otherwise there will be no use. It is definitely the easiest of the three sciences in A'levels but there is alot of rote learning involved and if you are good at it then you won't have a problem. As far as economics is concerned it is one of the most challenging subjects of A'levels but opting for it will give you A'levels some degree of diversity. Economics with sciences and Maths will be quite a good option and you won't have alot of problem dealing with it since you have studied it in O'levels. As far as admission in Finance and other commerce subjects is concerned, you can get that even without studying any business subject at A'levels. But you should have atleast 4 subjects in A'levels, 3 seem a little too less. :p

Reaction score
i had a question..can i move to software engineering if i take up phy,chem,maths nd eco in A lvls??fsc students manage to get admission into the likes of giki nd fast with phy,chem nd math so we can also get into a good university for software engineering with this combination?cant we?

Reaction score
Yes, you definitely can opt for Software Engineering with these subjects. This is a very common subject combination for all those who aspire to take up the Engineering field in the future and I know alot of people who have been successful.