• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Is it possible to get an A in a2 math if I have a B in AS math?

Reaction score
I am shattered by the B in AS math. This year I think the threshold was too high and a lot of people for screwed up math grades. I gave p1 and s1. I am aware I made a few stupid mistakes but I think I got a high B. If you have a high B is it possible to pull up your grade if we work really hard even though p3 is really difficult? I'll be giving p3 and s2 this year. If we have a high B or maybe a solid B what are the chances to pull your grade to an A? Any advice and suggestions? Thankyou.
p.s. math is extremely important to me as I plan to major in economics in the future. I got 3 As in economics., literature and psychology but that 1 B in math destroys everything.

Reaction score
But 60+ in p3 is impossible its really difficult. Im sure I got a really high B but I'm doubtful about getting an A in p3. According to what people say its a nightmare. How do I prepare for it to ensure 60+ and 40+? I'm not too good at Math I'm just average I had A* in math olevel and A in addmath and I made a few stupid mistakes in my AS paper and my grade got affected badly.

Reaction score
p3 is not that difficult....only two topics complex number and vectors are difficult....u only need to practice 10 year pastpapers with timings and all variants....then it will be a piece of cake...sorry I don't know abt s2

Reaction score
p3 is not that difficult....only two topics complex number and vectors are difficult....u only need to practice 10 year pastpapers with timings and all variants....then it will be a piece of cake...sorry I don't know abt s2......I even did not take any tution and manage to get A in math...did my preparation in only 30 days...plz don't rely on people

Reaction score
Thankyou! S2 is actually really easy but the problem lies with high threshold. This years threshold was 43/50 for s2 so that's problematic! I need to have a flawless s2 and work hard to get 60+ in p3 to get an A. Thankyou for your help!