• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Is preparing for SAT 2 sufficient for preparing the SSE exam for LUMS ?

Reaction score
I'll be giving the LUMS SSE electrical engineering exam this Feb,2013. I am preparing from SAT2 books and the princeton 823 most commonly used words book
Is it sufficient or do I do something else too

Reaction score
I will also appear in LUMS entry test and m preparing from sat book as i heard from others.
But no one is there to guide me so plzzz tell me abt the pattern of Paper.........

Reaction score
hey guys if u r applying lums sse....the pattern is as follows:

basic maths: guys basic maths is not o levels type or basic or easy :cautious:
ther are only 20 mins for basic maths....for this section you should practice sat 1 maths questions from any sat 1 book like barrons or princeton review...increase your mental maths calculations cox there are 20 questions in 20 mins so 1 min for each q's...

english: guys in feb 2012 sse test this section was on comprehension (critical reading) with mcq's questions while on feb 2013 test this section was on fill in the blanks with suitable words etc....for this section 20 mins are provided...not as tough section...for this section learn words from princeton review words smart books

20 mins essay: this section is not tough...for this section if ur english essay writing is not good then buy any composition book from book store and read them for better words, good start for the essay, good ending etc to be used in essays...in my time 'science importance on techonolgy' essay came....

advanced maths: this section was difficult than sat 2 maths...no calculator allowed

physics: based on sat 2 physics

chemistry:very very very easy section ;)...infact more easy than sat 2 chemistry...there were alot of moles calculations which were easy....

i applied for lums sse on 2013 but i got rejection :(

guys if are really willing to get admission in lums sse then follow the steps below:

1) don't apply for financial aid if possible

2)follow the steps given above for each section

3)you should have minimum 6 A's in olevels cox lums focuses mainly on olevels and sse test...if you have less than 6 A's then repeat them in november

4) join any lums preparation academy like LEADS ACADEMY in DHA LAHORE (Sir Mahmood) or any other...btw LEADS is the best academy according to me for lums prep as many of my class fellows join and got an admission in lums

5) don't let the extra curricular activities, awards n honour section remain empty during form filling

i have some practice question for chem and phy would be glad if someone wants them...
note:they are not sse test or sat 2 papers infact they are some questions which will help you preparing for lums...some questions are not in lums syllabus so ignore them

all the best to all of you guys
would be happy to answer questions so ask more questions regarding lums sse test :)

once again all the best

Reaction score

ther are only 20 mins for basic maths....for this section you should practice sat 1 maths questions from any sat 1 book like barrons or princeton review...increase your mental maths calculations cox there are 20 questions in 20 mins so 1 min for each q's...

english: guys in feb 2012 sse test this section was on comprehension (critical reading) with mcq's questions while on feb 2013 test this section was on fill in the blanks with suitable words etc....for this section 20 mins are provided...not as tough section...for this section learn words from princeton review words smart books

20 mins essay: this section is not tough...for this section if ur english essay writing is not good then buy any composition book from book store and read them for better words, good start for the essay, good ending etc to be used in essays...in my time 'science importance on techonolgy' essay came....

advanced maths: this section was difficult than sat 2 maths...no calculator allowed

chemistry:very very very easy section ;)...infact more easy than sat 2 chemistry...there were alot of moles calculations which were easy....

guys if are really willing to get admission in lums sse then follow the steps below:

3)you should have minimum 6 A's in olevels cox lums focuses mainly on olevels and sse test...if you have less than 6 A's then repeat them in november

4) join any lums preparation academy like LEADS ACADEMY in DHA LAHORE (Sir Mahmood) or any other...btw LEADS is the best academy according to me for lums prep as many of my class fellows join and got an admission in lums

5) don't let the extra curricular activities, awards n honour section remain empty during form filling

i have some practice question for chem and phy would be glad if someone wants them...
note:they are not sse test or sat 2 papers infact they are some questions which will help you preparing for lums...some questions are not in lums syllabus so ignore them

would be happy to answer questions so ask more questions regarding lums sse test :)

once again all the best
can u plzz guide us that test constitute major part of what FSC or SAT??

Reaction score

once again all the best
I'm planning on attempting bio, phy and math, not chem
would that make much of a difference?
and can you please share the questions you have? it'll be really helpful. Thanks

Reaction score
You had a good test or a bad one? Bcaz then why you received a rejection....
And btw I applied for aid,is this a drawback now?

Reaction score
I'm planning on attempting bio, phy and math, not chem
would that make much of a difference?
and can you please share the questions you have? it'll be really helpful. Thanks
that doesnt make a difference. you've to do any three of the four.