• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

isl2058 p1 - Freaaaked!

Reaction score
Hey guyss, ohkay... so I gave my islamiat paper1 on 11oct, and im worried since every time I mentioned the Prophet's name, I never wrote (saw)complete in arabic : is it imp, do we havve to ? and in arabic, english or just 'saw' ??
even when mentioning the companions, all I wrote was hazrat Abu Bakr, nuthing elssh? ?? Worried , please explain, can I lose marks on this ??

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
actually we write saw as a short form of that and is usually written as PBUH in english ...u dont lose marks for that but u just have to write it as being a Muslim whenever we write or listen the Prophet's (salla allahu alihi wa salam) name we must say it and write it respectively!!

Reaction score
Your'e right, we should write and say it, out of respect and honour, and also for sawab(virtue)
but I dunno what was wrong with me then, I just kept on writing 'the Prphet' simply ;

sallalahu alaihi wasallam . and its wrong of me to be worried about marks, and not about the possible negative-of-virtues inflicted on me for that:(
Thanks btw.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
u know i heard sumwhere that we often write short form for it ...dont we have time to write it in full..y just the short form we cant just give at least half a minute..and after that i started writing in full :)

Reaction score
i just wrote (S) after the Prophet's(S) name and (R) after the sahabas'(R) names. i did not use hazrat at all. And as for the religious prospect, it is supposed to be heart felt rather than being superficial. At times ppl dont feel it but write it, thats as gud as nothing! Allah knows all!

AND U WILL NOT LOSE MARKS! CHILLAX!

Reaction score
well , no need to write that .. neither i wrote the SAW or (AS) ... but i only uised .. Holy Prophet or Hazrat XYZ ...
i asked my teacher regarding it ... he says that its only oto honour them... examiner wont deduct marks for these things...