• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ISLAMIAT HELP!!!

Reaction score
Hey i will be giving my Cambridge exams next year in 2011 so i m a bit worried about ISLAMIAT.Plz help me how to prepare for paper should i learn everything from books and notes or should i understand the concepts only and make my own answers of questions from past papers and what about the quotations and references.ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!!! :!:

Reaction score
memorize quotations ............ specially of main topics like pillers,articles etc.Practise lots of past papers but dont go too far behind as syllabuses had been changing.in past papers see the marking schemes and understand from there what the examiners want in a specific question.FOLLOW THE SYLLABUS..............................instead of only following the books.LEARN THOSE THINGS MENTIONED IN SYLLABUS ONLY not EVERYTHING FROM BOOKS.regarding answers to past papers questions........make sure you mentioned the required points and then you can express in your own words.

HOPE THIS HELPS. :D

Reaction score
so basically u mean read syllabus and learn only those things which are in the syllabus instead of learning from books and clear the concepts and then go for marking schemes and past papers as far as quotations are concerned i will learn them THANKS FOR HELP!!

Reaction score
I MEAN go through syllabus and do those things mentioned in the syllabus from books.......... adding quotations is a way of GAINING MARKS.

Reaction score
islamiat is a difficult subject to understand atleast for me.....so u shud hire a tutor....for references and syllabus notes ....read the best book "Practices and Beliefs" by yasmin malik....
DANGEROUS TIP!: As references are concerned ....(donot get angry) u can make them of thier own...but make sure u use good vocab of english and remember to quote "Agreed upon" in the end!
As for other tips ask me....

Reaction score
well its a difficult subject since there is lesser amount of A* in islamiat but yes its possible but u need to have to have a very comprehensive knowledge about everything in syllabus also ability to express ur knowledge in the right way and quotations are always best way to gain extra marks ;)

Reaction score
For islamiat follow syllabus and refer to good books.People vary in thoughts to which one is a better or best book for Olevels Islamiat.Yeah and memorize quotations and references as they are a way of gaining more marks.Make your own notes cuz one understands in which topic is he weak in and tries to improve it.
Go through marking schemes and examiners reports as they tell you what the examiner wants in the question and what are the requirements so that you can follow that.

Reaction score
If u really want A in islamiat ,prepare ur own notes.Trust me.These tutor r of no use especially in Islamiat.

Reaction score
different people have different opinions..............some prepare their own notes and some get them frm others while some go to tutions ..............GO FOR WHAT YOU YOURSELF THINK IS THE BEST. :D