• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

islamiat paper question

Reaction score
Q1.) outline the major differences between the subject matter of the surahs revealed in makkah and madina.
b)discuss the important features of the techings in the quran about the day of judgement.

now, i know that the surahs revealed in makka were concerned mostly with tauhid and the fundementals of islam, the five pillars and all, but i'm sure there's more. and in madina, instructions were revealed? but it's a 10 mark question so i need more points to write about.

also, about b, i have no idea. i only know that the earth will shake and everyone will be judged by their deeds and sins.

so, help?

Reaction score
read frkhnda fr makki n madni + dr iftikhar book.N Z PART B included in paper 1?

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
no part b is for paper 2...i guess this is a pastpaper question ...b4 the syllabus was different!!

Reaction score
i don't have dr.iftikhar's book. and err, part b is from a past paper from 2008.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
yeah its a pastpaper question but for the new syllabus this is a question for paper2 :)

Reaction score
dude............our syllabus was changed in 2009.............so son look paper wise in the previous papers.........look topic wise. :D i asked because i m not on it yet ............. as it mite be in paper2

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
and in the pastpapers u must look at paper2 questuions as well as according to the new syllabus they might have quetions for paper1! :)

Reaction score
yep............i told ya tht look topic wise............u may find questions frm both ppre 1 n 2 in previous papers.............so in previous papers look into both of em............as any of them may contain questions regarding the paper ur studying :D

Reaction score
right. okay. regardless, can't anyone atleast give me bulletpoints on what the surahs revealed in madina were about?

Reaction score
-revealed in 622-632 AD
-before migration.
-mostly address the hypocrites n 'People of the Book'
-chapters are long n detailed
-verses revealed were regarding family laws and social laws
-injuctions of jihad z also present in them.
-contained duties obligations commandment relating to jihad.

HOPE THIS HELPS :D

Reaction score
Silent Hunter some points in the beginning are irrelevant because the question is regarding SUBJECT matter. Its not a general question.

Reaction score
smurf. said:
Q1.) outline the major differences between the subject matter of the surahs revealed in makkah and madina.
b)discuss the important features of the techings in the quran about the day of judgement.

now, i know that the surahs revealed in makka were concerned mostly with tauhid and the fundementals of islam, the five pillars and all, but i'm sure there's more. and in madina, instructions were revealed? but it's a 10 mark question so i need more points to write about.

also, about b, i have no idea. i only know that the earth will shake and everyone will be judged by their deeds and sins.

so, help?

makki surahs are those revealed before migration. total no: 186. Talk about Tauhid ie oneness and unity of Allah ffor instance Surah Ikhlas says, "Say He is Allah, the one and only"
- Reject shirk. (Quote from Surah Ikhlas, "He beget not nor He is begotten)
-talk about patience and tolarance and ask to seek refuge from Sataan. Surah Nas and Falak both tell believers to seek refuge from the whisperers of Satan
-talk about previous nations and the destructions caused to them when they opposed the message of Islam.
-Day of Judgement and how men will account for their deeds eg Surah Qariah
-Some surahs console the Holy Prophet such as Surah Duha and Kauthar

Madni surah are those revealed after migration. Total no.: 86
-mostly talk about social life and relations with other communities

Thats all i remember about Madni.

Reaction score
the main thing is don't forget to give loads of examples.

oh and i made a mistake above
Total no of surahs in the quran is 114 out of which 86 are makki and 28 are madni

Reaction score
Make sure you do not discuss or write any question which came in the paper before 4:OO pm (pakistan standard time)
otherwise you would be warned and banned permanatly !!