• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Islamiyat Model answers and notes!

Reaction score
Aoa Sir Irfan Atiq, hope you're doing well! I just read this one message of yours where you are advsing to write the number of ayat at the end of a reference.. would you pls give more detail on this? ..i understand what you said but yk, we have to memorize alottt of references for our CIES .... isn't it too hard to memorize and keep in mind the number of each of the reference?? is there a better trick to do this bcz i don't think i can for the huge innumerable references....does this practice really get you extra marks? can u pls guarantee that? is this huge effort really worth it? ..and another thing i had to ask is that my islamiyat teacher said that quoting some words or references in arabic can help u achieve extra marks..is this also true? can u kindly share some more tips on how to acieve extra marks? I really appreciate your willingness to help students and look forward to your response.

Reaction score
Dear Sofia, look into the marking scheme and u will find urself in trouble for this answer its not knowledgeable n immature ans..........now compare with this answer......
Q1. Describe how was quran revealed to Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H) between 610 and 632 A.D?
Answer: Essential to learning the history of the Quran is the study of the stages of its revelation, which is usually referred to by the term "'Tanzeel' of the Quran", literally, the descent or the 'sending down' of the Quran from the Heavens to the Earth. The Quran was brought by Jibreel from the Preserved Tablet (in the Seventh Heaven) down to the First Heaven (sky) and placed in the 'Place of Power or Honor'. First, the Quran mentions the Preserved Tablets in the verse (which means): "Nay! This is a Glorious Quran, inscribed in a Preserved Tablet" [85:21-22] then it tells of the fact that it was sent down during a specific night, in the verse (which means): "We have indeed sent down this during the Night of Power." [Quran 97:1].

They Quran is the literal word of Allah which was revealed to the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) in the time span of 23 years, Allah Almighty Says about the Holy Quran (what means): " (It is) a Quran which We have divided (into parts from time to time), in order that thou (O Muhammad) might recite it to people at intervals: We have revealed it by stages (in 23 years)." [Quran 17:106]. In Arabic ‘wahi’ means the spontaneous message made known through divine inspiration. The Prophet (S.A.W) received revelations through different modes through angel Jibrael (A.S). The surahs (chapters) revealed in Makkah are generally brief but powerful they deal with Tawheed (oneness of Allah) , Prophet Hood, the Hereafter etc, whereas the surahs revealed in Madinah are long and detailed with a bit softness in tone. They deal with the laws covering all the aspects of human life including Jihad.
The Holy Quran was not revealed to the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) all at once but sporadically with the different types of revelation like in 610 A.D in the cave of Hira when the Archangel Jibrael (A.S) delivered the first revelation to Holy Prophet (S.A.W) in the form of man. This was the most common way of receiving revelation. The Prophet (S.A.W) himself narrates the experience: “He seized me and squeezed me to such an extent that I was exhausted” (Sahih Bukhari). The angel repeated the action thrice and for the third time he said: “Recite, in the name of thy Lord who created. Created man with a clot of congealed blood, Recite and your Lord is most bountiful. Who has taught the use of pen and taught man that which he knew not” (96:1-5) .This is the form of receiving revelation directly into the heart of Prophet (S.A.W). Another form is through angel Jibrael (A.S) in his true angelic form. According to Hazrat Abdullah ibne Masood the Prophet (S.A.W) said: “When I (S.A.W) angel Jibrael (A.S) he had 316 wings covering the entire east and the west” (Sahih Bukhari). Sometimes the revelation would disclose upon the ringing of the bell. The Holy Prophet (S.A.W) once narrated to Hazrat Bibi Ayesha (R.A): “Sometimes revelation comes to after a bell ringing and that is a heavy time for me” (Sahih Bukhari) This was the most difficult of the forms of revelation for the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) to bear, if he was mounted on a camel and received such kind of revelation, his companions and the animal he was riding could feel the bodily change and the weight of his body. Sometimes the Prophet (S.A.W) would receive the revelation through dreams which would come true the next morning. For example the events of the battle of Uhud were seen by the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) the day before it took place. The Prophet (S.A.W) only for once directly received the revelation from Allah in the ascension. The messenger of Allah received the revelation about the obligatory five daily prayers in this form. It is interesting to know how the differing methods of communication which started from 610 A.D reached their climatic end in 632 A.D at the mount Arafat where Allah revealed the last verses of the Holy Quran during the last sermon: “This day I have perfected your religion for you, completed may favours upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion” (5:3)
Aoa sir, hope ur coing well. can u please specify where exactly is this hadith, 'According to Hazrat Abdullah ibne Masood the Prophet (S.A.W) said: “When I (S.A.W) angel Jibrael (A.S) he had 316 wings covering the entire east and the west” (Sahih Bukhari).' in Sahih Bukhari? ,...some of the sources i checked upon say it clearly that this hadith is nowhere in Sahih Bukhari. I'm really sorry but please give details of it so i can look it up and clear my confusion. Thank you.. and I'll be waiting.

Reaction score
Dear Sofia, look into the marking scheme and u will find urself in trouble for this answer its not knowledgeable n immature ans..........now compare with this answer......
Q1. Describe how was quran revealed to Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H) between 610 and 632 A.D?
Answer: Essential to learning the history of the Quran is the study of the stages of its revelation, which is usually referred to by the term "'Tanzeel' of the Quran", literally, the descent or the 'sending down' of the Quran from the Heavens to the Earth. The Quran was brought by Jibreel from the Preserved Tablet (in the Seventh Heaven) down to the First Heaven (sky) and placed in the 'Place of Power or Honor'. First, the Quran mentions the Preserved Tablets in the verse (which means): "Nay! This is a Glorious Quran, inscribed in a Preserved Tablet" [85:21-22] then it tells of the fact that it was sent down during a specific night, in the verse (which means): "We have indeed sent down this during the Night of Power." [Quran 97:1].

They Quran is the literal word of Allah which was revealed to the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) in the time span of 23 years, Allah Almighty Says about the Holy Quran (what means): " (It is) a Quran which We have divided (into parts from time to time), in order that thou (O Muhammad) might recite it to people at intervals: We have revealed it by stages (in 23 years)." [Quran 17:106]. In Arabic ‘wahi’ means the spontaneous message made known through divine inspiration. The Prophet (S.A.W) received revelations through different modes through angel Jibrael (A.S). The surahs (chapters) revealed in Makkah are generally brief but powerful they deal with Tawheed (oneness of Allah) , Prophet Hood, the Hereafter etc, whereas the surahs revealed in Madinah are long and detailed with a bit softness in tone. They deal with the laws covering all the aspects of human life including Jihad.
The Holy Quran was not revealed to the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) all at once but sporadically with the different types of revelation like in 610 A.D in the cave of Hira when the Archangel Jibrael (A.S) delivered the first revelation to Holy Prophet (S.A.W) in the form of man. This was the most common way of receiving revelation. The Prophet (S.A.W) himself narrates the experience: “He seized me and squeezed me to such an extent that I was exhausted” (Sahih Bukhari). The angel repeated the action thrice and for the third time he said: “Recite, in the name of thy Lord who created. Created man with a clot of congealed blood, Recite and your Lord is most bountiful. Who has taught the use of pen and taught man that which he knew not” (96:1-5) .This is the form of receiving revelation directly into the heart of Prophet (S.A.W). Another form is through angel Jibrael (A.S) in his true angelic form. According to Hazrat Abdullah ibne Masood the Prophet (S.A.W) said: “When I (S.A.W) angel Jibrael (A.S) he had 316 wings covering the entire east and the west” (Sahih Bukhari). Sometimes the revelation would disclose upon the ringing of the bell. The Holy Prophet (S.A.W) once narrated to Hazrat Bibi Ayesha (R.A): “Sometimes revelation comes to after a bell ringing and that is a heavy time for me” (Sahih Bukhari) This was the most difficult of the forms of revelation for the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) to bear, if he was mounted on a camel and received such kind of revelation, his companions and the animal he was riding could feel the bodily change and the weight of his body. Sometimes the Prophet (S.A.W) would receive the revelation through dreams which would come true the next morning. For example the events of the battle of Uhud were seen by the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) the day before it took place. The Prophet (S.A.W) only for once directly received the revelation from Allah in the ascension. The messenger of Allah received the revelation about the obligatory five daily prayers in this form. It is interesting to know how the differing methods of communication which started from 610 A.D reached their climatic end in 632 A.D at the mount Arafat where Allah revealed the last verses of the Holy Quran during the last sermon: “This day I have perfected your religion for you, completed may favours upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion” (5:3)
Aoa Sir, I think I've asked this before too, can u pls clarify where exactly is the hadith, “When I (S.A.W) angel Jibrael (A.S) he had 316 wings covering the entire east and the west” in the Sahih Bukhari? pls give the details bcs I am unable to find it and other sources say that it's not in the book Sahih Bukhari. Kindly clarify where to find this hadith.