• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Just finished Physics Paper 62 How was it?

Reaction score
I'm in a bit of dilemma here. My physics paper 6 didn't go well. It wasn't hard but I went in with a extremely heavy head and no calculator and consequently couldn't do/take simple measurements effectively. Is A* a goner for me even if I, theoretically at least, do the other two papers pitch perfect?

Any help?

Reaction score
I'm in a bit of dilemma here. My physics paper 6 didn't go well. It wasn't hard but I went in with a extremely heavy head and no calculator and consequently couldn't do/take simple measurements effectively. Is A* a goner for me even if I, theoretically at least, do the other two papers pitch perfect?

Any help?
Nope its not gone... Let me tell you something.. Even I messed up my paper today.. I mite just get 30+ from 35! + The other 2 paper holds 80% and if you do well in these then you have a chance.. I checked the gt of the pass 2 papers and the gt are.. 151 and 149 for A* so lets say you get 25/40.. it will give.. 12.5/20... in paper 1 you get 35/40... you get 26.25 and even if you get 65/80 in p3 you can still get A* but it also depends on the gt of this year.

Reaction score
Nope its not gone... Let me tell you something.. Even I messed up my paper today.. I mite just get 30+ from 35! + The other 2 paper holds 80% and if you do well in these then you have a chance.. I checked the gt of the pass 2 papers and the gt are.. 151 and 149 for A* so lets say you get 25/40.. it will give.. 12.5/20... in paper 1 you get 35/40... you get 26.25 and even if you get 65/80 in p3 you can still get A* but it also depends on the gt of this year.

Relief. So they mark you A* based on the whole exam rather than individual components? Why do GT of past papers then mention the minimum marks required for A for individual components? What if I get less than that in the individual component (paper 6 in this case)?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Relief. So they mark you A* based on the whole exam rather than individual components? Why do GT of past papers then mention the minimum marks required for A for individual components? What if I get less than that in the individual component (paper 6 in this case)?

Thanks.
I dont know what Individual marking is for.. I guess its for self convenience of the boards or If the student missed one paper he might be given the individual component marking rather than giving the whole component.. Thats my Guess. :)

Reaction score
Done with the exam..
It was extremely easy which makes me worried about paper 3 :|.. The only questions I have doubt in doing wrong was that thermometer 1*C measurement and the "State if length a = length b and justify your answer" in light chapter:D

Reaction score
guys what did you get for the length of a and b in the mirror question? and what gradient did you get for the graph?

Reaction score
i didnt get wat u said can u explain more plz
lets say i get 30 in paper 6 thats 15% , 35 in paper 1 thats 26% , and 65 in paper 3 thats 40% . if u add add them u get a total of 81% .
now is that A* or an A ??????
in gt for last year it says 146 , 146 out of watt ? 160 or 200 ???? how is 81% related to 146
thanks for reading