• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Last Few days :3 Scared much?

Reaction score
CIEs are just here. I am hell scared. :3
How about everyone else? How's the prep guys?
I have to appear in 3 subjects. Pak std, isl, and Urdu.
I am pretty much prepared for Pak std paper 1 and 2 both. Urdu is not that hard.
Islamiat remains. Doing it these days. I have left paper 2 to be done later during the short breaks we have in between I guess that's fine?
Any tips? Any advice would be highly appreciated.
And I also wanted to know, whether guess papers do work or no?

Good luck to everyone of you (y)

Pray and do best :)

Reaction score
Preperation is good....I am appearing for biology and physics....i gave islamiat(A), pak stdz(A*) and urdu(A) last year.....
Just remember for Pak Stdz(history) in the 14 mark questions you have to be critical...just filling pages is not enough....the information must be precise and accurate. Many candidates even if they have not written 2-3 pages for a 14 mark question but have writtten all the valid points together with the JUDGEMENT or EVALUATION they get full credit. For geography read the graphs very carefully....
When they are asking you to descirbe something according to a graph, make sure you use values from the graph...Make sure you read the scales correctly.
If you have been asked to write a description of an image, take into account everything that is present in the photograph and describe it fully. Personally I would recommend that if you know other questions and since you have a choice in the paper, leave the questions asking you to describe photographs bcoz there is a high chance of marks being lost.......Also the numbe of marks are a hint to how much you have to write. For a 6 marks question 4-6 points explained are enough. DO NOT WRITE ANYTHING EXTRA. And most importantly read the question carefully
For Islamiyat, you must know a lot of referneces, that is you must be able to quote Quaranic verses translated in english. Some questions particularly in Paper 1 are very tricky for example if you look at the June and November 2011 papers the paper 1's have pretty intresting questions. In islamiyat a lot of detail is required. Your syllabus for islamiyat must be compelete. LEAVE NOTHING.

For udu make sure you know lots of muhawarat. you should have practised as many as possible cloze passages.
Finally when the question paper is infront of you focus on nothing but the questions and remain calm....Good Luck

Reaction score
Thankyou for the advice. Highly appreciated.
For geo I went through all the past papers that is starting from 1998 to 2012. That would suffice? Wouldn't it?
And I am not having any trouble with history. Neither geo.
It's just Islamiat. I don't know how to memorize details of every person. Like for example we have a bunch of people in the first Islamic community. How am I suppose to memorize all? :3
For history, I have prepared all three sections. Relations remain only. I cannot skip it can I?
How did you prepare for these subjects? Studied alot?

Good luck to you for your papers (y)

Reaction score
Well, i have prepared the first two sections of History and read most of the chapters of Geography!
And i am preparing Islamiat Paper 1 these days, started yesterday.
i will prepare Paper 2, in the breaks between papers too..
But i havent done the past papers for geography or history, will have to do them on the day of the exam i guess. :/

CIEs are just here. I am hell scared. :3
How about everyone else? How's the prep guys?
I have to appear in 3 subjects. Pak std, isl, and Urdu.
I am pretty much prepared for Pak std paper 1 and 2 both. Urdu is not that hard.
Islamiat remains. Doing it these days. I have left paper 2 to be done later during the short breaks we have in between I guess that's fine?
Any tips? Any advice would be highly appreciated.
And I also wanted to know, whether guess papers do work or no?

Good luck to everyone of you (y)

Pray and do best :)

Reaction score
Thankyou for the advice. Highly appreciated.
For geo I went through all the past papers that is starting from 1998 to 2012. That would suffice? Wouldn't it?
And I am not having any trouble with history. Neither geo.
It's just Islamiat. I don't know how to memorize details of every person. Like for example we have a bunch of people in the first Islamic community. How am I suppose to memorize all? :3
For history, I have prepared all three sections. Relations remain only. I cannot skip it can I?
How did you prepare for these subjects? Studied alot?

Good luck to you for your papers (y)
even if u solve past papers from 2003-2012 that would also suffice........................I skipped relations in history.....forget abt relations if u dnt have time........u can leave two questions in the papers. For your memorizing problem, revise a lot. Revise every single thing you have studied.

Well I could say I studied a lot, for history and geography and islamiyat....for urdu, not a lot........And just remember one thing, while you are sitting for the geo and islamiyat exams, keep very calm....they design questions which look difficult bcoz candidates become paranoid... Do tell me how your exams went whe they are over :)

Reaction score
You should be worrying about the papers you'll be giving next year.
Agreed, in reality pak studies islmaiyat and urdu have no exact monetary value....Getting A's or A*s in them is indeed a big acheivement(dont get me wrong) but the real subjects like maths, or physics, economics etc....those are the real ones in which you have to try very hard.

Reaction score
i am going for 8 subjects this year and fully stressed cux of them.....plz do pray for me,n could anyone tell me about the bst format i can follow for attempting islamiat n can i skip section 3 of history?

Reaction score
These subjects are very important. If you do well in these paper then your confident level will increase and next year when you will give other subject, you will also do well in them. So good luck everyone and pray for me :)

Reaction score
yeah islamiat is hard....well i am having problem in time management while attempting the non sciences :(

Reaction score
Don't be too confident.
Doing Urdu, Islamiyat, Pak Studies really has no value. just saying :p
in my opinion these subjects should only be taught uptil Grade 8....No exam papers should be taken for them.....they dont actually boost a person's confidence...just makes them realize that olevels are really really hard :p

Reaction score
You
I gave these 3 papers last year.
In Urdu and Pak Studies I got A*, in Islamiat I got a C.

I didnt study for Geography. true story.
I studied only History Section A and B.
in Urdu I wrote all shit. Im like "lol im going to fail this"

I got an A* in Pak Studies and Urdu. Idgaf.
Imo, Pak studies, Urdu, Islamiat have no value.
You should be worrying about the papers you'll be giving next year.

Well, you are lucky enough to ace pak std and Islamiat. This is my first year, hence the tension. I know next year is Gunna be even harder. For now I have to worry about this year.

Reaction score
even if u solve past papers from 2003-2012 that would also suffice........................I skipped relations in history.....forget abt relations if u dnt have time........u can leave two questions in the papers. For your memorizing problem, revise a lot. Revise every single thing you have studied.

Well I could say I studied a lot, for history and geography and islamiyat....for urdu, not a lot........And just remember one thing, while you are sitting for the geo and islamiyat exams, keep very calm....they design questions which look difficult bcoz candidates become paranoid... Do tell me how your exams went whe they are over :)

Thankyou SO much :)
Sure will tell you about the exams after they are done :) hope they go good. I am working hard.

Reaction score
You could say the urdu examiner was high on some weed while checking my paper.
Because I remember I wrote half english-urdu sentences about Shahrukh Khan.. im serious.

Like seriously.. LOL :D lucky you.
I hope the examiner turns out to be a sleepy head this time too.

Reaction score
You could say the urdu examiner was high on some weed while checking my paper.
Because I remember I wrote half english-urdu sentences about Shahrukh Khan.. im serious.
The urdu examiners are professor of urdu languages Univeristy of Cambridge.They would not actually care abt the english-urdu sentences as long as the candidate knws some basic urdu. That is why it A's and A*'s are pretty common

Reaction score
The urdu examiners are professor of urdu languages Univeristy of Cambridge.They would not actually care abt the english-urdu sentences as long as the candidate knws some basic urdu. That is why it A's and A*'s are pretty common

Does that mean, getting an A* in Urdu is not that hard?

Reaction score
Getting an A* in any subject requires lots of effort.You don't always get lucky.

Ofcourse! But sometimes despite working hard, one doesn't really get the fruit. Luck is one important factor.

Reaction score
Does that mean, getting an A* in Urdu is not that hard?
absolutely...its pretty easy....if u look at the statistics more than half of the candidates are easily able to get A's......the rest get A*s

C's, D's are rare in udru

Reaction score
absolutely...its pretty easy....if u look at the statistics more than half of the candidates are easily able to get A's......the rest get A*s

C's, D's are rare in udru

lol,you changed your statement didn't you :p