• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Listen guys...who here got very less grades than they expected in A2. I think CIE messed up bigtime

Reaction score
This is the exact thing I was trying to explain. Its your choice you can either go ahead try to fight them or move on and think about your life. I'm not saying you should not fight but you have better stuff to do right now like making sure you get into a university?
Besides to be honest even if they did make mistakes it can't be more than 20-30 marks and that means 1 grade or maybe 2 at most. So just be wise and think forward not sit with this issue.
Also I don't think they do it purposely its just that when they make mistakes they don't wanna admit to them, firstly because they have to then return all of your money as per their policies and also it can come up in newspapers.
everything you said is correct but, the fact is this mistake that cambridge costs our parents money, it costs us our future even if it was 1-2 marks a mistake is a mistake. Thanks for your advice about our futures and yes it may be what many will do just move on but for the few of us that protest atleast we tried getting the grades we deserve.

Reaction score
Well if you are that stubborn then sure I wish you luck and I hope Allah helps you, I was just advising you guys from my experience. Its pretty naive of you to assume that CIE definitely made a mistake, first of all you need a lot of signatures to get an official answer, also you have no real proof of what happened you're just saying that I hoped my result was better but it wasn't. Besides all this, why are you even asking them for an answer. They already have it on their site and various other places that if you think your paper was marked wrong, go get a RE-CHECK and that is probably what they're going to tell you if you ask them. Now how much a re-check costs, that you can go ask the British council yourself. And all those who're talking about their parent's fortune and money, well hey you wouldn't be in this situation if you really cared about all that anyways. CIE does make mistakes but its very rare, if you think they hate your name and intentionally gave you less marks well then good luck proving that.

You know I wanted to sympathize with you because its hard to go through such stuff but I don't anymore this is just another joke. This happens every single year, students don't prepare for the exams, then study in the last night and put high expectations, and when their result is bad they get disappointed. The only difference in these years has been that this type of students are increasing and they can now cry here on forums about it. The truth is mostly its just an excuse for them to satisfy themselves that its CIE's fault that we got lower grade not our own.

Reaction score
Well if you are that stubborn then sure I wish you luck and I hope Allah helps you, I was just advising you guys from my experience. Its pretty naive of you to assume that CIE definitely made a mistake, first of all you need a lot of signatures to get an official answer, also you have no real proof of what happened you're just saying that I hoped my result was better but it wasn't. Besides all this, why are you even asking them for an answer. They already have it on their site and various other places that if you think your paper was marked wrong, go get a RE-CHECK and that is probably what they're going to tell you if you ask them. Now how much a re-check costs, that you can go ask the British council yourself. And all those who're talking about their parent's fortune and money, well hey you wouldn't be in this situation if you really cared about all that anyways. CIE does make mistakes but its very rare, if you think they hate your name and intentionally gave you less marks well then good luck proving that.

You know I wanted to sympathize with you because its hard to go through such stuff but I don't anymore this is just another joke. This happens every single year, students don't prepare for the exams, then study in the last night and put high expectations, and when their result is bad they get disappointed. The only difference in these years has been that this type of students are increasing and they can now cry here on forums about it. The truth is mostly its just an excuse for them to satisfy themselves that its CIE's fault that we got lower grade not our own.
Im sorry if this petition has offended you. This petition is ment for people who feel like they have been treated unfairly or have recieved a far lower grade than they thought possible. If you do not agree with the goal of this petition please do not sign it. It is your decision to make. Insulting us makes no difference.

Reaction score
Im sorry if this petition has offended you. This petition is ment for people who feel like they have been treated unfairly or have recieved a far lower grade than they thought possible. If you do not agree with the goal of this petition please do not sign it. It is your decision to make. Insulting us makes no difference.

I'm not offended by this petition, I would sign it if the link was not broken. What is offensive is your attitude, for all I care you should go ahead and do whatever you want but you're giving false hope to others.

Reaction score
I'm not offended by this petition, I would sign it if the link was not broken. What is offensive is your attitude, for all I care you should go ahead and do whatever you want but you're giving false hope to others.
Well then unlike CIE i apologise if my attitude offended you. And if you want to sign the petition here is a link http://www.change.org/en-IN/petitio...e-grade-o-as-and-a-level-papers-may-june-2013 as for the false hope bit, its a chance there is a possibility that this might get CIEs attention and thats better than nothing.

Reaction score
I am sorry to say this but alhamdulillah, my grades were wayyyyy higher than what I expected.. I'm talking about cie here. In chemistry and biology I was just not good. But I got away with pretty cool grades, alhamdulillah..

Reaction score
i did n
thats another way of saying it was a bad performance lol :p,thanks for your honest opinion tho
i did not mean it the rude way, but commn u got an A for Bs. and C is Econ whch is satisfactory. But could have scraped through de other one to get a better grade. that's what i meant ;)