• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

LUMS Business School

Reaction score
Which of the 2 majors,Accounts and Finance or Management Science is preferred by top-paying companies?And what grades are good enough to get an admission?Is 6A*2A in o level(Sciences) and 2A*2A in A level good enough?And what companies usually employ graduates from their business school?And does LUMS currently have the best business school?Help would be greatly appreciated.

EduGuides

Reaction score
your grades are good enough to get in lums.yes lums has best business school
Any idea about my other questions?I remember seeing you in the lums admission thread.Were you accepted?What were your grades overall in O/A levels?

Reaction score
Which of the 2 majors,Accounts and Finance or Management Science is preferred by top-paying companies?And what grades are good enough to get an admission?Is 6A*2A in o level(Sciences) and 2A*2A in A level good enough?And what companies usually employ graduates from their business school?And does LUMS currently have the best business school?Help would be greatly appreciated.

EduGuides
Don't know which major is preferred by the bosses, but I would pick Management out of the two. It includes acc/fin and alot more subjects, acc/fin is basically narrower. I think.
Those grades are good enough, apart from that you need to do well on their entrance test.
Coca Cola, Pepsi, Unilever, Mobilink, Ufone to name a few.
Yes Lums is known for their business school, its the best in Pakistan.

Reaction score
Don't know which major is preferred by the bosses, but I would pick Management out of the two. It includes acc/fin and alot more subjects, acc/fin is basically narrower. I think.
Those grades are good enough, apart from that you need to do well on their entrance test.
Coca Cola, Pepsi, Unilever, Mobilink, Ufone to name a few.
Yes Lums is known for their business school, its the best in Pakistan.
Any idea on the average pay for graduates?

Reaction score
Lums is famous for its acc finance program
management sciences started like 3 years back the first batch is yet to graduate

now coming to acc finannce its a very good field with very very narrow job oppurtunities but a very boring one if you dont have interest as i can see you have sciences in olevels
The employers who need accounting guys they prefer acca ca guys over acf guys so this is a narrow field you need to be extra smart

For management sciences i wont suggest LUMS , GO FOR BBA IN IBA KARACHI more market value than lums management sciences

i will rephrase your words , LUMS IS THE BEST ACCOUNTING SCHOOL YOU CAN SAY
best business school is IBA KARACHI because they are offering BBA-BACHELORS IN BUSINESS ADMIN , LUMS ISNT

Reaction score
BBA GRADUATES FROM IBA GET A STARTING SALARY OF AROUND 45 TO 1 LAKH DEPENDS

Reaction score
Lums is famous for its acc finance program
management sciences started like 3 years back the first batch is yet to graduate

now coming to acc finannce its a very good field with very very narrow job oppurtunities but a very boring one if you dont have interest as i can see you have sciences in olevels
The employers who need accounting guys they prefer acca ca guys over acf guys so this is a narrow field you need to be extra smart

For management sciences i wont suggest LUMS , GO FOR BBA IN IBA KARACHI more market value than lums management sciences

i will rephrase your words , LUMS IS THE BEST ACCOUNTING SCHOOL YOU CAN SAY
best business school is IBA KARACHI because they are offering BBA-BACHELORS IN BUSINESS ADMIN , LUMS ISNT
Thing is Karachi isnt that safe due to all that Altaf bhai situation,and it feels better to be in a city where its safe.Also LUMS is quite higher ranked when compared to IBA.What is the difference between ACF and MS?I mean we have to study both,but in which major is their more potential.And what do you mean by boring,can you elaborate a bit?Only numbers and calculations and such or what?

Reaction score
LUMS graduates earn a starting salary of some 70k average I guess, with some exceeding 1 lakh.
LUMS Management science is a very good program too, its as useful as a BBA, and LUMS is the best business school.
IBA was past, its standard has fallen over the years.
Although LUMS is the best business school in Pakistan, their admission policy is really strict, some 6% acceptance rate (trying to mimic Harvard but both uni's are skys apart). SO its actually over rated, as no such competitors here.

Reaction score
LUMS graduates earn a starting salary of some 70k average I guess, with some exceeding 1 lakh.
LUMS Management science is a very good program too, its as useful as a BBA, and LUMS is the best business school.
IBA was past, its standard has fallen over the years.
Although LUMS is the best business school in Pakistan, their admission policy is really strict, some 6% acceptance rate (trying to mimic Harvard but both uni's are skys apart). SO its actually over rated, as no such competitors here.
But as far as pakistani universities as concerned,it is the best no?And dont you think 6A*2A and 2A*2A or 1A*3A in O/A level,would be enough for them.And how are you sure that the management science is good enough,i mean the first batch hasnt even graduated yet,so no idea on what kinds of jobs they can get?

Reaction score
But as far as pakistani universities as concerned,it is the best no?And dont you think 6A*2A and 2A*2A or 1A*3A in O/A level,would be enough for them.And how are you sure that the management science is good enough,i mean the first batch hasnt even graduated yet,so no idea on what kinds of jobs they can get?
I have no idea, heard nothing but good about it, though in my opinion it is a Wanna be Ivy League uni.
Didn't know uptill now that Management is a new program at Lums.. anyway their MBA is what its known for (thus a business school) so BS management is kind of the bachelors of the same.
As said before, your O level grades suffice, but a more significant judgement will be based on your AS level marks and the entrance test.

Reaction score
I have no idea, heard nothing but good about it, though in my opinion it is a Wanna be Ivy League uni.
Didn't know uptill now that Management is a new program at Lums.. anyway their MBA is what its known for (thus a business school) so BS management is kind of the bachelors of the same.
As said before, your O level grades suffice, but a more significant judgement will be based on your AS level marks and the entrance test.
Hmm,i see.So undergrad degree isnt that much important.Is their a difference between jobs we get by ACF and then MBA or MS and then MBA?

Reaction score
K anyone ..is NBS ( NUST) good too?
HMMmmmmmm :D
Yes it is! I'm going there so I'll deffo side with it :D
The thing is its very new and over the past few years progressed alot.
It's people from other cities who think it isn't that good, but being from Isb, I can safely say its the best business school in the twin cities.
And I would rate it second only to Lums and IBA :D

Reaction score
Hmm,i see.So undergrad degree isnt that much important.Is their a difference between jobs we get by ACF and then MBA or MS and then MBA?
Nooooo, you do BBA/BS or whatever first. Then work for a couple of years before doing your MBA.
MBA is a masters degree, you can't do it without having an undergrad.
No I don't think so.
Mail/call Lums and ask them

Reaction score
Nooooo, you do BBA/BS or whatever first. Then work for a couple of years before doing your MBA.
MBA is a masters degree, you can't do it without having an undergrad.
No I don't think so.
Mail/call Lums and ask them
Ok,i'll do that when i'm finished with AS.Right now i have other things to focus on ;)

Reaction score
http://lums.edu.pk/undergraduate-programmes.php/bsc-honours-accounting-and-finance
2008 avg starting of ACF grads was 40k

Read at another place; 2012 batch had avg starting of 70k

Also, from all what I've researched....
LUMS is definitely better than IBA.
LUMS grads have a 'superiority complex' while they aren't much better than the rest :D
SZABIST karachi grads joining 'FMCG' sector had avg starting salary of 72k
http://tribune.com.pk/story/547049/...onducts-survey-to-gauge-trends-in-job-market/

Last edited:
Reaction score
http://lums.edu.pk/undergraduate-programmes.php/bsc-honours-accounting-and-finance
2008 avg starting of ACF grads was 40k

Read at another place; 2012 batch had avg starting of 70k

Also, from all what I've researched....
LUMS is definitely better than IBA.
LUMS grads have a 'superiority complex' while they aren't much better than the rest :D
SZABIST karachi grads joining 'FMCG' sector had avg starting salary of 72k
http://tribune.com.pk/story/547049/...onducts-survey-to-gauge-trends-in-job-market/
Great,so lums should be top priority.And in the article,it said 72k was highest average,while lums 70k is average overall,so thats a plus point of lums.Szabist's overall average was around 35k...

Reaction score
http://tribune.com.pk/story/301378/...ut-of-school-and-landing-in-their-first-jobs/
Some 2 years back IBA average was 42k.

The LUMS 70k figure is not proven, just read it somewhere.

So on AVERAGE one can expect 55-60k I reckon.
Some can have as much as 100,000 starting or even more, some can have 40-45k, it all depends on the skills.
Yes that SZABIST highest average was for a particular job sector.

All in all, if you get into Lums go for it.